Sign in with
Your question

ASUS mobo problems

Last response: in Systems
April 19, 2007 3:21:45 AM

I built my first computer and am having some problems. I have an ASUS P5N-E SLI motherboard. I figured that when you built something, you would put your driver disk in and it would then detect and install all drivers you need. ApparentlyI was wrong. I have several yellow exclamation marks on my device driver that I can't get rid of. They are:

Standard Floppy Disk Controller
VIA OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller
Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller

Needless to say, I have no USB functionality nor do I have firewire. Also, I have no floppy drive.

My Bios shows USB controller, USB legacy Support and USB 2.0 controller are all enabled.

Do I need to download something? Am I wrong in thinking that the driver disk should have taken care of this?

Thanks for your help.

Bob

More about : asus mobo problems

April 19, 2007 4:15:09 AM

Go to the ASUS web site and download the latest drivers for your board.That should do the trick.And don't forget to install them after downloading eh.Goodluck.

Dahak

AMD X2-4400+@2.6 TOLEDO
EVGA NF4 SLI MB
2X EVGA 7950GT KO IN SLI
4X 512MB CRUCIAL BALLISTIX DDR500
WD300GIG HD/SAMSUNG 250GIG HD
ACER 22IN WIDESCREEN LCD 1600X1200
THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER 850WATT PSU
COOLERMASTER MINI R120
3DMARK05 13,471
April 20, 2007 5:57:43 PM

I went to ASUS website to download new drivers, but couldn't find anything pertaining to the USB ports. I see Bios, Bios-Utilities, Audio, LAN, RAID, Utilities and Manual. I went to the NVIDIA site and downloaded the drivers for the North Bridge and South Bridge hoping that would do something. But that didn't work either. They are: nForce 650i SLI/650i Ultra and the nForce 430 (those are what my manual told me the north and south bridges were). I installed the 650i first and it uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled a lot of software. I then checked my device manager and it gave me the same exclamation marks. So I installed the 430 and it did pretty much the same thing as the 650i. I checked device manager and no change. I looked at the bios and found nothing that I could see would cause problems.
April 20, 2007 6:19:32 PM

You will want the newest BIOS. Check what you have now and then look on the web site.
!