ASUS mobo problems

I built my first computer and am having some problems. I have an ASUS P5N-E SLI motherboard. I figured that when you built something, you would put your driver disk in and it would then detect and install all drivers you need. ApparentlyI was wrong. I have several yellow exclamation marks on my device driver that I can't get rid of. They are:

Standard Floppy Disk Controller
VIA OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller
Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller

Needless to say, I have no USB functionality nor do I have firewire. Also, I have no floppy drive.

My Bios shows USB controller, USB legacy Support and USB 2.0 controller are all enabled.

Do I need to download something? Am I wrong in thinking that the driver disk should have taken care of this?

Thanks for your help.

Bob
3 answers Last reply
More about asus mobo problems
  1. Go to the ASUS web site and download the latest drivers for your board.That should do the trick.And don't forget to install them after downloading eh.Goodluck.

Dahak

AMD X2-4400+@2.6 TOLEDO
    EVGA NF4 SLI MB
    2X EVGA 7950GT KO IN SLI
    4X 512MB CRUCIAL BALLISTIX DDR500
    WD300GIG HD/SAMSUNG 250GIG HD
    ACER 22IN WIDESCREEN LCD 1600X1200
    THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER 850WATT PSU
    COOLERMASTER MINI R120
    3DMARK05 13,471
  2. I went to ASUS website to download new drivers, but couldn't find anything pertaining to the USB ports. I see Bios, Bios-Utilities, Audio, LAN, RAID, Utilities and Manual. I went to the NVIDIA site and downloaded the drivers for the North Bridge and South Bridge hoping that would do something. But that didn't work either. They are: nForce 650i SLI/650i Ultra and the nForce 430 (those are what my manual told me the north and south bridges were). I installed the 650i first and it uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled a lot of software. I then checked my device manager and it gave me the same exclamation marks. So I installed the 430 and it did pretty much the same thing as the 650i. I checked device manager and no change. I looked at the bios and found nothing that I could see would cause problems.
  3. You will want the newest BIOS. Check what you have now and then look on the web site.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Asus USB Systems