Sharp's new LL-T series

dodd444

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2002
Does anyone know anything about this new series from Sharp? They ( :) :) ) present it as the current best line of LCD's;----a zillion colors, no problems with gamma, etc.

Apart from Sharp's desire to sell its own products, does anyone have any info on this new series? Hey, maybe they really ARE super good.

GoSharks

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
I have reviewed many of the new Sharp products. The LL-I have reviewed many of the new Sharp products. The LL-T1820 has a 10 bit Gamma correction features that make photos etc, look like like. Most if not all use ASV a multi domain technology similar to Fujitsu's MVA and have 25ms-response time with 170 degree viewing angles. Many have a new AGLR coating for higher contrast images.

In short, very impressed by the design. Remember Sharp is the #2 producer of LCD panels in the world. Many of the products on the market currently have Sharp panels in them.

Jim Witkowski
Chief Hardware Engineer
Cornerstone / Monitorsdirect.com

<A HREF="http://www.monitorsdirect.com" target="_new">MonitorsDirect.com</A>

GoSharks

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
I have said this on many occasions. I do not recommend LCD’s for gamers. If you are concerned about ghosting I recommend you purchase a CRT monitor.

Jim Witkowski
Chief Hardware Engineer
Cornerstone / Monitorsdirect.com

<A HREF="http://www.monitorsdirect.com" target="_new">MonitorsDirect.com</A>

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
I'm just asking in general how's the ghosting on it? What happens when you scroll a webpage at varying speeds?

My frog asked me for a straw...dunno what happened his ass all over the place :eek:

UoMDeacon

Distinguished
May 14, 2002
I just read the lastest issue of MaximumPC and they reviewed a bunch of 17" and 18" LCDs. They decided that the new Sharp LCD was easily the best ever. Just thought I'd post what I had read. Apparently the 10-bit gamma correction is amazing, thus translating into great image quality. Personally I game on an LCD, but I'm not too picky. Games like Counter-Strike work fine for me, and I play 'competitively' as a part of a team.