bucko

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2003
Just got Broadband in my area and would like some recommendations on which 4 port wireless to get. Not for a big network, but just my home PC and a laptop that can be used upstairs.
I was considering the Linksys-B, as file transfer speed is not a requirement. I chose it over Net-Gear and D-Link based on comments on other forums. I would welcome comments on my choice.

I just got back from BestBuys,in a snow storm,and one of their more knowledgable techs recommended the "New" Microsoft-G router. He said that it had great feature of being "upgradable" to future technology and it was easy to setup. Anyone have any experience with it?

lasse

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have tried several D-link 604. Both the older hardware revison A and newer ones, hardware revision D.
The upload with FTP protocoll is very low (lan->wan). Between 0,8 MBit up to 5,5 MBit depending on hardware revision and firmware (The D version is the slowest of the two!!)
They work well but I can not recommend them due to the slow FTP upload.

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
well my advice will be very helpfull hopefully. For a Very easy setup just go to your local best buy, circuit city compusa and grab a nice Linksys BSF411.. simple, very easy installation, and allows nice configurations. it's a 4 port router and it works very well, i have one running right now.

Asus A7N8X Deluxe
80gb Maxtor
200gb WD 8mb cache..
Lian-Li PC-60
LiteOn 52X/LiteOn 811s DVD-RW
AMD XP2800+
LeadTek GF4Ti4200 128mb
Hitachi CML174
1GB Corsair XMS PC3200