Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Outlook Deleting My Inbox Emails...Sorry noob question

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
Share
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 5:06:39 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

I am using outlook to sync with my gmail account for emails using pop3.
I just started using my PPC and am new to the PPC world. When i have an
email in my inbox, and i reply to it. After the email reply is sent,
outlook deletes the original message from my inbox even though i would
have liked that message to be kept there in the "read" status. I looked
through all the settings and cant find anything that would let me do
that. Help Please....sorry if this is really easy.
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 6:29:51 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Also... when i simply view a message from my gmail on the PPC outlook,
it disapears from the inbox if i go somewhere else. it doesnt go to
deleted items, or any other folder, it is simply gone!
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 10:40:19 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

paulvolk@gmail.com wrote:

>Also... when i simply view a message from my gmail on the PPC outlook,
>it disapears from the inbox if i go somewhere else. it doesnt go to
>deleted items, or any other folder, it is simply gone!

It should be in your archive. Go to Gmail on your desktop and look at
the POP settings. What is it configured to do when you access the
message via POP?

As to your other message, I don't know why your messages disappear in
your PPC inbox when you reply. I just tested this with my Gmail
account and after replying and hitting SEND, I was back in my inbox
and the message I had replied to was there in a "read" status, as
expected. Do you have any 3rd party mail addons?
--
__________________________________________________________________________________
Ed Hansberry (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for the benefit of all)
What is on my Pocket PC? http://www.ehansberry.com/
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices www.pocketpc.com
What is an MVP? - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Related resources
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 3:38:43 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

i dont have any 3rd party mail addons or anything like that installed.
just trying to get mobile outlook to work correctly. I have gmail
archive messages once they are accessed via PoP. that way they wont
stay unread in my inbox.

Ed Hansberry, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices wrote:
> paulvolk@gmail.com wrote:
>
> >Also... when i simply view a message from my gmail on the PPC outlook,
> >it disapears from the inbox if i go somewhere else. it doesnt go to
> >deleted items, or any other folder, it is simply gone!
>
> It should be in your archive. Go to Gmail on your desktop and look at
> the POP settings. What is it configured to do when you access the
> message via POP?
>
> As to your other message, I don't know why your messages disappear in
> your PPC inbox when you reply. I just tested this with my Gmail
> account and after replying and hitting SEND, I was back in my inbox
> and the message I had replied to was there in a "read" status, as
> expected. Do you have any 3rd party mail addons?
> --
> __________________________________________________________________________________
> Ed Hansberry (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for the benefit of all)
> What is on my Pocket PC? http://www.ehansberry.com/
> Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices www.pocketpc.com
> What is an MVP? - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 4:17:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

I even tried changing gmail to leave the copy of the message in the
inbox. but once i read the message and then click on send or recieve
mail. the read message disapears.... please help i dont know whats
going wrong
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 12:25:32 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

paulvolk@gmail.com wrote:

>I even tried changing gmail to leave the copy of the message in the
>inbox. but once i read the message and then click on send or recieve
>mail. the read message disapears.... please help i dont know whats
>going wrong

Sorry. I don't know what to tell you. I can't get my Inbox to delete a
message after reading it at all. You might try deleting your GMail
account on your Pocket PC, soft resetting and recreating it. It could
be a corruption that setting up the account again may fix.
--
__________________________________________________________________________________
Ed Hansberry (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for the benefit of all)
What is on my Pocket PC? http://www.ehansberry.com/
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices www.pocketpc.com
What is an MVP? - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 4:30:29 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

well i did that and am still having the same problem. thanks for the
help though. if anyone has any idea why my read emails disapear when i
hit the send/recieve button can you please help i have no idea whats
going on!
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 1:37:42 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

should i just reinstall windows, because it seems to be corrupt... or
should i just brave it out and wait for windows mobile 5.0... an OS
that ACTUALLY works... :-p
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 12:31:45 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

paulvolk@gmail.com wrote:

>should i just reinstall windows, because it seems to be corrupt... or
>should i just brave it out and wait for windows mobile 5.0... an OS
>that ACTUALLY works... :-p

You can try a hard reset to see if that fixes it. You won't lose
anything but time.

Also, it could be an issue with your GMail account. It is still in
beta and every week or so, my GMail account stops updating via POP3
and I have to go to the website and configure it again.
--
__________________________________________________________________________________
Ed Hansberry (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for the benefit of all)
What is on my Pocket PC? http://www.ehansberry.com/
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices www.pocketpc.com
What is an MVP? - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
!