Samsung i730 & PocketStreets GPS - work?

a b Ô Samsung
July 13, 2005 8:48:10 PM

Hello All:

Today's question (one of them anyway): How do you get the built-in GPS of
the Samsung i730 to work with MSPocketStreets 2005? Is this even possible?

Thanks in advance.

joel*
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
July 13, 2005 9:44:22 PM

If you are referring to the GPSONE system on the qualcomm chip, you don't
get to access the data.

"ThereIsNoTry" <nospam@spamless.spa> wrote in message
news:o YB1vw%23hFHA.1148@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Hello All:
>
> Today's question (one of them anyway): How do you get the built-in GPS of
> the Samsung i730 to work with MSPocketStreets 2005? Is this even
> possible?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> joel*

Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
July 13, 2005 10:15:05 PM

Chance:

So it's in there but in accessible eh? How typical....I hate hamstringed
technology!
Thanks for the reply though!

"Chance Hopkins" <chance_hopkins@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> If you are referring to the GPSONE system on the qualcomm chip, you don't
> get to access the data.
>

> "ThereIsNoTry" <nospam@spamless.spa> wrote in message
> news:o YB1vw%23hFHA.1148@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> Hello All:
>>
>> Today's question (one of them anyway): How do you get the built-in GPS of
>> the Samsung i730 to work with MSPocketStreets 2005? Is this even
>> possible?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> joel*

a b Ô Samsung
July 13, 2005 10:51:52 PM

"ThereIsNoTry" <nospam@spamless.spa> wrote in message
news:o jYgSh$hFHA.3936@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Chance:
>
> So it's in there but in accessible eh? How typical....I hate hamstringed
> technology!
> Thanks for the reply though!

There is an SDIO GPS called Pharos that I know works with MS Pocket Streets
2002 on the i700.

You might be able to get a blue tooth GPS device going, but I don't know if
that will work with that specific software.

> "Chance Hopkins" <chance_hopkins@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> If you are referring to the GPSONE system on the qualcomm chip, you don't
>> get to access the data.
>>

>> "ThereIsNoTry" <nospam@spamless.spa> wrote in message
>> news:o YB1vw%23hFHA.1148@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>>> Hello All:
>>>
>>> Today's question (one of them anyway): How do you get the built-in GPS
>>> of the Samsung i730 to work with MSPocketStreets 2005? Is this even
>>> possible?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>>
>>> joel*

Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
July 14, 2005 12:53:11 PM

Chance:

I found the device you mentioned:

http://www.mobileplanet.com/product.asp?pf_id=MP730970&...

and

http://www.pharosgps.com/products/phone/Samsungi700/PSD...

$200 is a little pricey and the unit might be inconvenient sticking out of
the side of the i730.

Now that I think about it, I guess that the cell phone GPS most be a
"transmitter" while the GPS devices used for mapping applications must be
"receivers".

It looks like "socket" has a bluetooth product like you suggested for only
$150

http://www.mobileplanet.com/product.asp?pf_id=MP580232&...

chris*
!