Web Pages Run Off Screen

I recently had XP Home Edition installed at my local computer shop. My
problem is some web pages are too wide for my screen and some are just fine.
For example, MSN main page runs off the right hand side of the screen and My
MSN is just fine. I don't have to use the bottom scroll bar. How can I fix
this?
1 answer Last reply
More about pages screen

    It really depends upon how the web page was created in the first place. A
    lot of web designers are going for resolutions of 1024 x 768. Others, on the
    other hand, stick to the standard 800 x 600. Hence if your own monitor
    display resolution is set for say 800 x 600 the this type of web page will
    display okay on your monitor. On the other hand, with the same monitor
    resolution, a 1024 x 768 web page would require you to scroll to the right
    to see all of the screen.
    You don't say what your monitor screen resolution is. perhaps it might be
    worth taking a look and, if you can increase the resolution, then do so.
    Obviously an increase in monitor resolution will make things, like icons,
    text etc, look slightly smaller.
    To change the monitor resolution go to Control panel and click on the
    Display properties icon. In display properties click the settings tab. You
    will then see a slider under 'screen resolution'. If your secreen is 800 x
    600 try moving the slider so the resolution changes to 1024 x 768. Don't go
    too mad witht he screen resolution though because your monitor may not
    support the resolution, in which case you may have problems reverting back
    to a more suitable resolution. After changing the resolution click the Apply
    button. A message will appear telling you that the screen resolution will
    change is 'x' number of seconds. If the resolution is okay you can simply
    click the OK button to apply the change anyway.
    In the unlikely event that a problem occurs and you unable to return to a a
    lower resolution you may have to boot to safe mode to make the corrections.

    --
    John Barnett MVP
    Associate Expert

    "winterman" <winterman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I recently had XP Home Edition installed at my local computer shop. My
    > problem is some web pages are too wide for my screen and some are just
    > fine.
    > For example, MSN main page runs off the right hand side of the screen and
    > My
    > MSN is just fine. I don't have to use the bottom scroll bar. How can I
    > fix
    > this?

Windows XP