Best motherboard to overclock a E4300

brad91

Distinguished
May 28, 2006
I need a motherboard that will have excellent overclocking ability. I will be overclocking the E4300 chip so I need a motherboard that can overclock to a high fsb.

I don't need anything that fancy, just something with atleast 1 pci-e slot and 2 pci slots. I don't need any of the bells and whistles of built in wifi ect.

Thanks for help :D

03flat4

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2006
trying not to have to create a new thread if I don't have to..my DS3 board with a E4300 is water cooled, so I no longer have a big CPU fan blowing secondarily on the northbridge...so my northbridge heatsink gets hotter than I would like it to...is there a low noise solution (without changing to a bigger heatsink) such as a low speed fan that could attach to gigabyte's heatsink? otherwise I might just mount a spare 120mm fan to the side of the case blowing directly onto the heatsink at low or medium speed.

03flat4

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2006
on the same subject..what is the cheapest board that supports Overclocking? I use the DS3 but I am trying to make my friend a E4300 overclocked with a cheaper mobo...a mild OC at that, probably only 2.4 GHz

cardio

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2004
The easiest, cheapest, fastest and works well is to mount a 40MM fan on the stock heatsing using screws that will fit in to the stock slots atop the stock HS. I used a Zalman speed controller and went from a NB that I could cook on to a cool to the touch that I cannot even hear. Really before it would burn your finger, now cool. Cost about $4 and 10 minutes without removing anything. This is with a Ninja CPU HS that is about as large as they get. pPcture.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/cardio2/Fan2.jpg