/ Sign-up
Your question

So is it safe for me to go ahead and purchase my MB..

  • Homebuilt
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
April 19, 2007 5:28:20 AM

I would like to go ahead and order my motherboard and get it installed.

Will we see a price cut on the 22 as well for MB's or am i safe to go ahead and get it?

GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3 LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard

I'm going to wait till April 22 to get the CPU and RAM Still trying to decide on the E6400 or the 6420(thoughts?) I will be overclocking and going for 3ghz.

I think im going to go with this for RAM.

GeIL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory

These are the last 3 pieces i need to buy as i have built everything else. I'd like to get the board early so i can pre-wire and well honestly i'm so damn excited to get this thing built and running!

here are the rest of the specs if intrested and i have already bought em all.

CORSAIR CMPSU-520HX 520W Power Supply
Western Digital Raptor 36GB 10,000 RPM 16MB Cache Serial ATA150 Hard Drive
Western Digital Caviar SE 160GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound
SONY Black 1.44MB 3.5" Internal Floppy DriveWindows98SE/ME/2000/XP
SONY 18X DVD±R DVD Burner, Version Black SATA Model AWG170S-B2

More about : safe ahead purchase

April 19, 2007 6:36:14 AM

I'd say just wait and buy everything at once. It is unlikely it will drop in price, but it might. The price of ram has dropped like a rock recently. Plus you will probably save on shipping buying them at the same time. That's what I'm going to do.
April 19, 2007 7:43:51 AM

LOL damn ya told me what i didn't want to hear! I'm just itching to do more to this box and i figured this MB would hold me off for another week! LOL oh to be a geek!
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
April 19, 2007 8:57:21 AM

You always start planning your next box. D/l some testing and benchmark programs. Grab an Etch-a Sketch and use it as your portable.
April 23, 2007 1:16:01 AM

haha, I hope you waited. The DS3 rev 3.3 has dropped $7 on Newegg. Unfortunately the E4300 hasn't dropped in price yet. :( 
April 23, 2007 5:07:32 AM

looks good but you might have saved some cash if you ordered everything after the 22nd prices will always drop its just a matter of timing.
April 23, 2007 5:54:25 AM

Price Dropped! BAM Get a E6600 for $234.
April 23, 2007 6:10:15 AM

Yeah, my friend was in disbelief when I told him that earlier. He thought that I was talking about the wrong one until he went on zipzoomfly and saw the same price.
April 23, 2007 6:23:59 AM

Houston, that is a go for MB and RAM. What do you need the CPU to do? Gaming or heavy math type computing? Extra cache is only good when processing much code, pictures, data and such. Games won't care so go the cheapest you can live with.
April 23, 2007 10:29:33 AM

guess ill be going with the 6300. I'm looking to overclock and get a modest 3.0 or so out of it with air cooling. Shouldnt be a problem. I believe i saw the 6300 for 176 on newegg?
April 23, 2007 11:06:47 AM

I read some places had the 6320 for the same price as the 6300, so why not? Better CPU, Same price. HHMM