casemods

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2006
Anybody know how to run a game with a CDRW in the drive instead of the original CD? My goal is for BF2 at the moment...

I just installed clone CD so I'm gonna have a go at it for a while.

Any suggestions are welcome :)

Sagekilla

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2006
A CD? I don't know if that's possible since a lot of games today use up way more then 700 MB uncompressed on your hard drive. I've had success taking a copy of one of my games and placing it on a DVD along with a No CD patch so it wouldn't bug me for the play disc. You might be able to do this with 99% of the games you'll find, but I know there are a few that No CD patches don't exist for. If you need to find the patches so you can play it without the original play disc, goto www.gamecopyworld.com

The only problem with the method I described is that some games like SW KoTOR2, mainly because some save stuff to their original directory like KoTOR2 does.

casemods

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2006
Well I use alcohol to mount the mini images, but something about virtual drives is kinda weird to me so I wanted to refrain from installing it on my pc

casemods

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2006
Why? Just use a no cd patch get one here

http://www.gamecopyworld.com/ follow the mirrors

or make your own with game jackel get it here

http://www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD-Tools/Virtual-CD-DVD-Rom/Game-Jackal.shtml

untitled1cy2.jpg

No-cd patches are not advised as they mess with the game files.

gomerpile

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2005
Nothing wrong wiff image drives at all, this takes part of the hd and creates a new option in mycomputer for mounting cd images. you will need savedisk tools I really can't tell you the name lets play some" hide and seek" I see you

casemods

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2006
Nothing wrong wiff image drives at all, this takes part of the hd and creates a new option in mycomputer for mounting cd images. you will need savedisk tools I really can't tell you the name lets play some" hide and seek" I see you

WTF?

casemods

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2006
Poonam said:
Running a game from CD.. I don't think it will be stable because a game writes/makes new files which isn't possible in CDs. Correct me if there is better technology arrived.

what my goal is, is to switch from the retail cd, and use a CDR/CDRW