windows.000 files

I find a large number of windows.000 files in explore...please, what are they
and are they necessary. Answer to my email would also be welcome.
--
dale

"dale" <dale@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I find a large number of windows.000 files in explore...please, what are they
>and are they necessary. Answer to my email would also be welcome.

Create a new subfolder TEST and move the files to this folder. Leave
this alone for some time then. If it does not cause any problems with
Windows and your applications, you can safely delete the data.

--
(tm)

mark

Thorsten Matzner <tmatzner@gmx.net> wrote in

> "dale" <dale@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>I find a large number of windows.000 files in explore...please, what
>>are they and are they necessary. Answer to my email would also be
>>welcome.

Are these files you have download and are all the files labeled .000 or
do the go .000,.001 and so on? If this is the case it could be files that
are split into multiple parts. In this case search for a program called
hjsplit this will rejoin all parts to make one complete file.