EXTREMELY ANNOYING VIDEO CARD PROBLEMO, need help soon

Lionhardt

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2006
ok...so i have a geforce fx 5500 with the 88.** drivers installed...

i was trying to remove uneeded startup programs, so i removed the nvidia control panel one( the one in the bottom right hand corner of the screen) , and everything was fine, until i changed the settings on one of my games, the antialiasing, and then i tried to open limewire, but the screen went black...

i think that antialiasing is not compatable with limewire, but the problem is that i cannot get the control panel back, and the control panel's settings apply to all the programs on the computer, but the "right click on desktop to get options" settings only apply to certain games and stuff....

soo basically my problem is hard to understand, but im trying to get the nvidia control panel back, but do not know how to get it back

help is appreciated....

joefriday

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
When you state you removed start up apps, are you referring to the MSCONIFG startup menu or to Add/Remove programs list in Control Panel? If you removed the app through control panel, I suggest you just re-install the driver ontop of itself. If you uncheck the nvidia display properties icon from booting using MSCONFIG, just recheck the item.

Hope that helps.

fattony

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2006
what happens when you try to get the control panel, are classic and the new one both failing?

just uninstall the nvidia drivers from add/remove proggies and re-install them after a couple of reboots, get the latest forceware

Lionhardt

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2006
im talking about the MSCONFIG thingy....but when i do recheck the exact thing (i belive), it does not return the nvidia control panel to the startup list in the right hand corner of the screen....

so, do u guys know the answer to my problem?

joefriday

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
Have you followed my advice and reinstalled the driver ontop of itself? That should take care of the problem. I don't understand why this is still. an. issue.

????????

joefriday

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
You know that little icon that you double clicked to install the Nvidia software the first time? Just double click that again. It won't harm your computer in the slightest.

Lionhardt

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2006
yeah, i did it like a week ago, just never responded, and it completely worked, and thanks for the help....

now a new problemo has arisen, with the installation of avg 7.5 free edition...haha, thanks though