Program List

I upgraded Adobe Reader from 6.0 to 7.0. The older version is listed on the
menu entitled "My Programs". Version 7.0 - though having placed an icon on
the desktop - is not listed on that menu. There's an Adobe Reader 7.0 icon
at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs and a folder at
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0. with a number of files in it.

Why wouldn't there be an icon on the My Program menu?

"John Gregory" <jaygreg90@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I upgraded Adobe Reader from 6.0 to 7.0. The older version is listed on
the
> menu entitled "My Programs". Version 7.0 - though having placed an icon on
> the desktop - is not listed on that menu. There's an Adobe Reader 7.0 icon
> at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs and a folder at
> C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0. with a number of files in it.

Is it possibe you have two with the same name?

eg one in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs
and one in C:\Documents and Settings\<your user name>\Start Menu\Programs

If so try renaming the one in here..

C:\Documents and Settings\<your user name>\Start Menu\Programs

No. No two folders the same. I noticed I had version 6.0 set up and didn't
uninstall it before I installed 7.0. Version 7.0 seems to have removed 6.0
but the Adobe website warned that some components or elements might not run.
I uninstalled 7.0 then reinstalled. Still the same; no listing on the menu
for version 7.0. The icon is on the desktop though.

> No. No two folders the same. I noticed I had version 6.0 set up and didn't
> uninstall it before I installed 7.0. Version 7.0 seems to have removed 6.0
> but the Adobe website warned that some components or elements might not
run.
> I uninstalled 7.0 then reinstalled. Still the same; no listing on the menu
> for version 7.0. The icon is on the desktop though.

If you right click on that desktop icon and "create shortcut" another one
should be created on the desktop (eg so you have two) then you can drag one
of them to either:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs
or
C:\Documents and Settings\<your user name>\Start Menu\Programs

Then there's no concern that something went amiss during installation?

> Then there's no concern that something went amiss during installation?

Not if it works.

Just to be complete....

Check that adobe 7.0 didn't hide the missing shortcut in a sub folder. eg...

start -> All Programs -> adobe -> adobe reader 7.0

I think version 6.0 went in All Programs eg..

start -> All Programs -> adobe reader 6.0