Student discount for Vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jp03hplayer

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2004
Hey all,
Through my university, I can purchase windows xp pro for around $15, I assume this is the case at most universities. The problem is that my school will not be selling Vista until around April (supposedly). Is there any organization from which students can legitimately purchase Windows Vista at a discounted price? If not I guess I will just wait, but I figured I'd give it a shot!

finer_recliner

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
my university has a this "microsoft ambassador" person that hooks my club up with free pizza and shit sometimes. he says that MS is working on a program called "Academic Alliance". students will get vista and office for free(?) if you are in a certain major (computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering). they are trying to open the program to as many majors as possible. It is expected to be released next semester.

i have no idea how much (if any) applies to your school. but that's what i've heard about in my school.

eburgdad

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2009

Only problem with this site - however wonderful it is, is that you appear to have to be a student of Berkly university. I am a student of University of Phoenix...suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.