WM2003 Phone Edition - bug?

July 14, 2005 2:46:20 PM

Hi All. I have a problem with my new o2 xda Mini...

I have a 4-digit password set, and if the PDA has been off for some time
(several hours) and I get a call, when I take the call and finally end it
(using buttons or headset), I get the Phone app *full screen* with the word
"password" where "phone" should be.

Because I haven't "logged in", I can't do anything at all - including close
the Phone app to get to the password screen beneath!! - and have to
soft-reset each time to get going again.

Is this a software bug? Hardware? Has anyone seen this before and know of
a fix?? Please help..

Thanks in advance,
Cameron:-)
July 14, 2005 11:25:12 PM

Maybe register or seek help at http://www.clubimate.com. Same as an Imate
Jam
"Cameron Dorrough" <cdorrough@nortonconsultants.com> wrote in message
news:D b4ckt$p0a$1@news-01.bur.connect.com.au...
> Hi All. I have a problem with my new o2 xda Mini...
>
> I have a 4-digit password set, and if the PDA has been off for some time
> (several hours) and I get a call, when I take the call and finally end it
> (using buttons or headset), I get the Phone app *full screen* with the
> word
> "password" where "phone" should be.
>
> Because I haven't "logged in", I can't do anything at all - including
> close
> the Phone app to get to the password screen beneath!! - and have to
> soft-reset each time to get going again.
>
> Is this a software bug? Hardware? Has anyone seen this before and know
> of
> a fix?? Please help..
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Cameron:-)

Anonymous
July 18, 2005 3:49:02 PM

Thanks for the tip - I've tried that.

The response from Tech Support (an Indian-type with not a great grasp of the
english language) was: "Well, mine doesn't do that - it must be third-party
software".

I've done a hard-reset and haven't installed any third-party software but
it's still happening.

Can anyone tell me what I can try to fix this? It's obviously a but of some
kind in WM2003 and it's extremely frustrating..

Cameron:-)

"Oz" <nospam@bigpond.com> wrote in message
> Maybe register or seek help at http://www.clubimate.com. Same as an Imate
> Jam
> "Cameron Dorrough" <cdorrough@nortonconsultants.com> wrote in message
> news:D b4ckt$p0a$1@news-01.bur.connect.com.au...
> > Hi All. I have a problem with my new o2 xda Mini...
> >
> > I have a 4-digit password set, and if the PDA has been off for some time
> > (several hours) and I get a call, when I take the call and finally end
it
> > (using buttons or headset), I get the Phone app *full screen* with the
> > word
> > "password" where "phone" should be.
> >
> > Because I haven't "logged in", I can't do anything at all - including
> > close
> > the Phone app to get to the password screen beneath!! - and have to
> > soft-reset each time to get going again.
> >
> > Is this a software bug? Hardware? Has anyone seen this before and know
> > of
> > a fix?? Please help..
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Cameron:-)

Anonymous
July 19, 2005 8:15:13 PM

This is definitely an "undocumented software feature" (ie. bug), but I
cannot get any response out of anyone from Micro$oft to O2 to confirm it one
way or another.

It seems that it is Not A Good Idea(tm) to set a 4-digit password *and* a
SIM card PIN at the same time.

I am pretty unhappy about the level of support on WM2003 (rather p#@&* off
actually...) but I'll have to get used to it. :-(

Cameron:-)

news:D bf1qf$nkq$1@news-01.bur.connect.com.au...

!