DD 5.1 from Comcast?

Last response: in Home Theatre
November 15, 2004 10:34:18 AM

I've had my comcast hdtv box for 2 days now (San Francisco area) and
have yet to find a broadcast in 5.1. I'm using an optical cable and the
audio IS digital, but Pro-Logic only.

Has anyone else gotten 5.1?

Thanks,

More about : comcast

Anonymous
November 15, 2004 1:38:25 PM

"Dennis N. Yugo" <number6@oncebitten.com> wrote in message
> I've had my comcast hdtv box for 2 days now (San Francisco area) and
> have yet to find a broadcast in 5.1. I'm using an optical cable and the
> audio IS digital, but Pro-Logic only.
>
> Has anyone else gotten 5.1?
>
> Thanks,

How are you connecting the optical cable. My Comcast box does not have an
optical connection.
Anonymous
November 15, 2004 1:38:26 PM

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 10:38:25 -0500, "Jeff Rigby"
<jeffg212@comcast.net> wrote:

>"Dennis N. Yugo" <number6@oncebitten.com> wrote in message
>> I've had my comcast hdtv box for 2 days now (San Francisco area) and
>> have yet to find a broadcast in 5.1. I'm using an optical cable and the
>> audio IS digital, but Pro-Logic only.
>>
>> Has anyone else gotten 5.1?
>>
>> Thanks,
>
>How are you connecting the optical cable. My Comcast box does not have an
>optical connection.

The Motorola 6208 has optical out. That is the one that was installed
at my place.

- RamsBlue
November 15, 2004 7:26:27 PM

Yes, I have Comcast here in JAX, FL. 5.1 shows up on selected, HD1, HD2,
DiscoveryHD, PBS, and FOX local, programs. Also some Encore Movies include
it. Although NBC, ABC and CBS national programs occasionally broadcast in
5.1 , the local "three" here are too cheap to install the 5.1 equipment
necessary to receive it. I use a optical cable from the Motorola 5100 STB to
my Yamaha RX-V995 receiver. I have the input selector set at "Auto". When
a program with 5.1 digital is detected it automatically goes to that mode.
Other wise the default is Pro Logic if no 5.1 is available. Hope this
helps.
Ross

"Dennis N. Yugo" <number6@oncebitten.com> wrote in message
> I've had my comcast hdtv box for 2 days now (San Francisco area) and
> have yet to find a broadcast in 5.1. I'm using an optical cable and the
> audio IS digital, but Pro-Logic only.
>
> Has anyone else gotten 5.1?
>
> Thanks,
Anonymous
November 15, 2004 10:30:02 PM

Dennis,

You need to go into setup on the moto box and switch the audio to
"advanced".

-Ken
"Dennis N. Yugo" <number6@oncebitten.com> wrote in message
> I've had my comcast hdtv box for 2 days now (San Francisco area) and
> have yet to find a broadcast in 5.1. I'm using an optical cable and the
> audio IS digital, but Pro-Logic only.
>
> Has anyone else gotten 5.1?
>
> Thanks,
Anonymous
November 16, 2004 6:55:10 AM

Dennis N. Yugo wrote:
> I've had my comcast hdtv box for 2 days now (San Francisco area) and
> have yet to find a broadcast in 5.1. I'm using an optical cable and
> the audio IS digital, but Pro-Logic only.
>
> Has anyone else gotten 5.1?
>
> Thanks,

Most of the HD channels broadcast in 5.1 when the soundtrack is available.
I'm in the east bay......
Anonymous
December 25, 2008 2:41:17 AM

I have a HD Comcast DVR box and I just got my optical cable. I hooked the cable up from the Samsung TV to the receiver. Is this wrong? Or should I hook up the optical cable from the cable box to the receiver?
!