No XFX 8800GTX @ Newegg?

Rsx

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2007
I plan on buying a new computer after the highly anticipated Intel price drops. Newegg's website doesn't have the XFX 8800GTX. Does anyone know why? I know that basically all 8800GTX's are the same. I just prefer XFX because their warranty is very appealing. Any response is appreciated.

rodney_ws

Splendid
Dec 29, 2005
Anyone buying an 8800GTX at this point in the game should seriously consider EVGA if only because of their step-up program. No, I can't promise you'll be able to step up to that 8900GTX when it drops, but the odds are looking pretty good right now.

Imagine how bad you're gonna feel dropping mad money on an 8800GTX only to have it knocked off the top-spot by an equally priced card.

SuperFly03

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2004
Anyone buying an 8800GTX at this point in the game should seriously consider EVGA if only because of their step-up program. No, I can't promise you'll be able to step up to that 8900GTX when it drops, but the odds are looking pretty good right now.

Imagine how bad you're gonna feel dropping mad money on an 8800GTX only to have it knocked off the top-spot by an equally priced card.

You can always upgrade, I don't think I have ever seen eVGA restrict a step up upgrade. However, it may not be worth the price, which is a whole different argument.

My vote is wait for R600 benchmarks likely to leak early in may.

fletch420

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
I recently purchased an 8800gts640 and am patiently waiting on the r600/8900 release to execute me step up. I was on EVGA's site this morning and saw that THEY were reporting out of stock for 8800gtx's on thier own website. Not real sure what to make of that other than they may have let inventory run down for the impending 8900 launch???

Rsx

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2007
ZZF has them: http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=321102

Thanks for the link. Is ZZF a reputable seller? I would rather buy all my stuff from the same place and newegg is my preference.

rodney_ws

Splendid
Dec 29, 2005
ZZF has them: http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=321102

Thanks for the link. Is ZZF a reputable seller? I would rather buy all my stuff from the same place and newegg is my preference.
You bet your ass they're reputable. I spend more with them than NewEgg. NewEgg rocks and has better product pictures, descriptions and reviews, but ZZF is generally a little cheaper.

fletch420

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
i have never bought from them but there old guys (50+) here at the office that shop thru them and that is usually a good sign they are reputable. anyway good luck. And I would be amazed if they are just selling that many units-possible though- also likley there was an excursion at the fab that makes them and there have been fewer wafers to chop into these lovley vid cards.

pauldh

Illustrious

You bet your ass they're reputable. I spend more with them than NewEgg. NewEgg rocks and has better product pictures, descriptions and reviews, but ZZF is generally a little cheaper.
Yeah, I buy from Newegg and ZZF equally as much and for many many years now. Like you said, Newegg rules on selection, pics and info, but ever since they(Newegg) started charging NJ tax, ZZF is usually cheaper for me on the bigger items. They were very good back when they were called GoogleGear too. If the cost shipped to me is about the same, I do buy from Newegg though. Only because my long order history seems to earn some special treatment that I feel earns & deserves my loyalty. But ZZF is still a trusty favorite also.

vpsaline

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2006
I recently purchased an 8800gts640 and am patiently waiting on the r600/8900 release to execute me step up. I was on EVGA's site this morning and saw that THEY were reporting out of stock for 8800gtx's on thier own website. Not real sure what to make of that other than they may have let inventory run down for the impending 8900 launch???

only the 8800gtx ACS3 isnt in stock.

http://evga.com/products/prodlist.asp?family=GeForce+8+Series+Family