Sign in with
Your question

IEXPLORE.EXE - Application error.

Last response: in Windows XP
December 13, 2006 11:45:10 AM

I am running Win XP Professional with SPII. I recently changed my motherboard and graphics card from ULI based chipset to NVida ultra. I did not reinstall windows and just installed the additional drviers and the system is working smoothly.
However when I open up internet explorer 6 and work, everything works fine. However after some time the above window opens up below the main explorer window. The title is: IEXPLORE.EXE - Application Error and it says: The instruction at 0x62304390 referenced memory at 0x62304390. The "memory" could not be read. Click on OK to terminate the program.
What does this mean and what should I do now? I can continue working with the IE6 inspite of this instruction but I want to get to the bottom of this.
Thanks.
anil.
September 11, 2007 3:16:21 PM

According to some users, the Yahoo! Toolbar seems to be the cause of this problem . You can try disabling your Yahoo! Toolbar.

To disable the Yahoo! Toolbar, go to your IE menu and click:
<TOOLS> <Manage Add-ons...> Find and highlight "Yahoo! Toolbar" in the list, and at the bottom of the window, click "Disable".

If however, like me, you can't live without your Yahoo! Toolbar, other users claim to have fixed the problem by simply deleting their cookies and temp files.

To delete cookies and temp files, go to your IE menu and click:
<TOOLS> <INTERNET OPTIONS> <GENERAL TAB>, click on the buttons, "DELETE COOKIES", and "DELETE FILES"

Good Luck!..
!