Panasonics take on E85's component output to HDTV

First off, my thanks to others here who have been trying to help me with the
pq problems I've been having with my E85.

I finally got through to Panasonic tech support today and according to them,
the component hookup is basically only for playing dvds and was not really
intended as a "pass through" for satellite tv viewing. Neither does it
necessarily give an accurate representation of the picture quality of what's
actually going on the dvd. An S-Vid from the E85 to the tv would probably
provide a more realistic representation of what's actually going onto the
HDD or DVD.

I think someone else here tried to explain it to me but my poor pea brain
wasn't getting it - something about the S-Vid signal coming from the sat pvr
going through a couple of digital / analog conversions before it gets to the
component outputs.

Does this square with what other E85 owners are seeing ? Do most of you have
both a component and S-Vid connection out of your E85 to your tv ?

So really, if I have separate dvd player (via component) that works fine, it
makes no sense to even have a component hookup for the E85 - it wouldn't be
useful unless I was actually going to be playing my dvds with it.

WaltinVt
1 answer Last reply
More about panasonics component output hdtv

    "Walt Mather" <waltinvt@lostinvt.net> wrote

    > Does this square with what other E85 owners are seeing ? Do most of you
    have
    > both a component and S-Vid connection out of your E85 to your tv ?
    >
    > So really, if I have separate dvd player (via component) that works fine,
    it
    > makes no sense to even have a component hookup for the E85 - it wouldn't
    be
    > useful unless I was actually going to be playing my dvds with it.

    I have an E80 & run component cables from the E80 to my TV for the specific
    purpose of relaying the DVD & HDD video to the TV. I don't use the S-Video
    connection.

    mack
    austin

HDTV Components Home Theatre