Registry Edit & Task Manager disabled

April 22, 2005 12:55:02 PM

Trying to open the Task Manager, I got an error message saying that the Task
Manager was disabled by the administrator. Searching how I could enable it,
I realized that my REGEDIT has also been disabled. Don't know how they got
disabled, and have no idea how to enable them. HELP!
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 3:19:26 PM

Enable or Disable Task Manager for the Current User
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_taskmgrenab.htm

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]

http://support.microsoft.com/?­id=827315

Download Ad-aware SE and scan your PC for the presence of sp­yware:
http://www.download.com/3000-2144-10045910.html?part=69...

Symantec Security Check
http://security.symantec.com/s­scv6/default.asp?langid=ie&ven­id=sym

Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware

3 Simple Steps to Help Ensure the Protection of Your PC
http://www.microsoft.com/athom­e/security/protect/default.msp­x

Utilize the following maintenance programs, at least monthly,
to maintain the optimum performance of Windows XP:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310312&Product=winxp

How to Perform Disk Error Checking in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315265&Product=winxp

HOW TO: Analyze and Defragment a Disk in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305781&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Felice" wrote:

| Trying to open the Task Manager, I got an error message saying that the Task
| Manager was disabled by the administrator. Searching how I could enable it,
| I realized that my REGEDIT has also been disabled. Don't know how they got
| disabled, and have no idea how to enable them. HELP!
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 4:23:59 PM

Hi Felice,

Try the following fixes:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Taskmanager_error.htm

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/tweakuirest.htm

You may want to update your virus scan and do a thorough scan, and perhaps
check for other malware that may be present on your computer.
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm

Regards,

--
Patti MacLeod
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Felice" <Felice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D F8E4038-8F82-4A8B-B0BF-6F9B7E3F3439@microsoft.com...
> Trying to open the Task Manager, I got an error message saying that the
Task
> Manager was disabled by the administrator. Searching how I could enable
it,
> I realized that my REGEDIT has also been disabled. Don't know how they
got
> disabled, and have no idea how to enable them. HELP!
Related resources
July 17, 2007 9:10:34 AM

Thanks for the archive.... fixed my problem.
!