Registry Edit & Task Manager disabled

Trying to open the Task Manager, I got an error message saying that the Task
Manager was disabled by the administrator. Searching how I could enable it,
I realized that my REGEDIT has also been disabled. Don't know how they got
disabled, and have no idea how to enable them. HELP!
6 answers Last reply
More about registry edit task manager disabled

    Enable or Disable Task Manager for the Current User
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_taskmgrenab.htm

    [Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]

    http://support.microsoft.com/?­id=827315

    Download Ad-aware SE and scan your PC for the presence of sp­yware:

    Symantec Security Check
    http://security.symantec.com/s­scv6/default.asp?langid=ie&ven­id=sym

    Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en

    3 Simple Steps to Help Ensure the Protection of Your PC
    http://www.microsoft.com/athom­e/security/protect/default.msp­x

    Utilize the following maintenance programs, at least monthly,
    to maintain the optimum performance of Windows XP:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310312&Product=winxp

    How to Perform Disk Error Checking in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315265&Product=winxp

    HOW TO: Analyze and Defragment a Disk in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305781&Product=winxp

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Felice" wrote:

    | Trying to open the Task Manager, I got an error message saying that the Task
    | Manager was disabled by the administrator. Searching how I could enable it,
    | I realized that my REGEDIT has also been disabled. Don't know how they got
    | disabled, and have no idea how to enable them. HELP!

    Hi Felice,

    Try the following fixes:
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Taskmanager_error.htm

    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/tweakuirest.htm

    You may want to update your virus scan and do a thorough scan, and perhaps
    check for other malware that may be present on your computer.
    http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm

    Regards,

    --
    Patti MacLeod
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Felice" <Felice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Trying to open the Task Manager, I got an error message saying that the
    Task
    > Manager was disabled by the administrator. Searching how I could enable
    it,
    > I realized that my REGEDIT has also been disabled. Don't know how they
    got
    > disabled, and have no idea how to enable them. HELP!
  3. Thanks for the archive.... fixed my problem.
  4. Hi All,

    If you all ever receive this kind of error message and need to fix it then you can download the FREE tool Task Manager Fix from http://www.taskmanagerfix.com/
  5. task manager disabling is a virus that needs to be romoved from a certain tool ,,, visit : http://www.task-manager-enable.blogspot.com
  6. Hi there,

    check out the following source to find out the solution:

    http://free-tips-tricks.blogspot.com/2009/02/windows-xp-task-manager-disabled-by.html

    With Regards,
    Jane

Registry Task Manager Windows XP