Error 1316.a

I have recently tried to uninstall a couple of programs and get the following
error.
Error 1316.a network error. while attempting to read from file
C:\Windows\Installer\Steganso Security Suite 7.1.3.msi and it also did this
when I tried to uninstall ACDSee?
--
Jim

Do you have such a security suite installed on the system? If yes, have you
checked their documentation and tech support as it is clearly causing issues
with other apps and system functions? Have you tried removing the security
suite to see if you then continue to have these issues?

--
In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol.

Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User
Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

"jimzim" <jimzim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have recently tried to uninstall a couple of programs and get the
>following
> error.
> Error 1316.a network error. while attempting to read from file
> C:\Windows\Installer\Steganso Security Suite 7.1.3.msi and it also did
> this
> when I tried to uninstall ACDSee?
> --
> Jim

I tried the traik version of the Steganos Security Suite and ACDSee. I went
to uninstall ACDSee and that is when I first got the message. I then tried
to uninstall Steganos and got the same message along with the fact neither
uninstalled.

"Michael Solomon (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Do you have such a security suite installed on the system? If yes, have you
> checked their documentation and tech support as it is clearly causing issues
> with other apps and system functions? Have you tried removing the security
> suite to see if you then continue to have these issues?
>
> --
> In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol.
>
> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
> Windows Shell/User
> https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/communities/mvp.aspx
> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
>

> "jimzim" <jimzim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have recently tried to uninstall a couple of programs and get the
> >following
> > error.
> > Error 1316.a network error. while attempting to read from file
> > C:\Windows\Installer\Steganso Security Suite 7.1.3.msi and it also did
> > this
> > when I tried to uninstall ACDSee?
> > --
> > Jim

You might try reinstalling Steganos and then uninstalling it through
Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel. Then try reinstalling the application
and use the same process to remove it. Beyond that, this sounds like an
issue with Steganos and you'd need to contact them for help with this issue.