Software Problem

-- Hi all,
I bought a digitizing software to use for sewing it is called PE-design, I
installed it and it appeared to install OK. But it will not work. I called
the software company and they said there was a fix from the "Brothers"
website, but first I had to remove it, I did "uninstall" and now they say I
have to remove it from registry file. I don't know how to do that, short of
calling HP can someone help me with this.
I have a HP running windows XP home
Thank you very much for any help.
--
Katier

Katier
5 answers Last reply
More about software problem

    If the installation was relatively recent, try using XP's System Restore
    feature to take the system back to a time prior to when the software was
    installed, this should restore the registry as well. Start\All
    Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Restore.

    If that doesn't resolve the issue, it is not HP you need to contact. It is
    the software maker you need to contact as they would be the only people who
    would know the specific registry keys they need to have removed.

    --
    In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol.

    Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User
    Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
    DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

    "Katier" <Katier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > -- Hi all,
    > I bought a digitizing software to use for sewing it is called PE-design, I
    > installed it and it appeared to install OK. But it will not work. I
    > called
    > the software company and they said there was a fix from the "Brothers"
    > website, but first I had to remove it, I did "uninstall" and now they say
    > have to remove it from registry file. I don't know how to do that, short
    > of
    > calling HP can someone help me with this.
    > I have a HP running windows XP home
    > Thank you very much for any help.
    > --
    > Katier
    >
    > Katier

    What I would do is click "start", then "run" then in the run box type in
    regedit. This will bring up the registry editor. Now click on "edit", then
    in the drop down menu click, "find" and now type in the name of the software
    "PE-design" and search and delete all that you find.
    Might want to back up your reg first.
    "Katier" <Katier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > -- Hi all,
    > I bought a digitizing software to use for sewing it is called PE-design, I
    > installed it and it appeared to install OK. But it will not work. I
    called
    > the software company and they said there was a fix from the "Brothers"
    > website, but first I had to remove it, I did "uninstall" and now they say
    > have to remove it from registry file. I don't know how to do that, short
    of
    > calling HP can someone help me with this.
    > I have a HP running windows XP home
    > Thank you very much for any help.
    > --
    > Katier
    >
    > Katier

    I assume you are well backed up, possibly have up to date images of your
    hard drive and are prepared for the eventuality that for one reason or
    another you may not be able to boot into Windows. Most users, at least
    those who come to these newsgroups are not prepared for that eventuality.
    Even exporting the appropriate keys or the entire registry will be useless
    if the user cannot boot the system.

    Applications can create all sorts of dependencies and sometimes deleting all
    references to an application can make the system unstable or unable to boot
    into Windows. Usually, when an application maker provides such deletion
    information, they specify the relevant keys as opposed to the blanket
    approach you seem to be advocating here.

    You have no idea about this user's experience, how well backed up the user
    is and/or how well prepared for the eventualities described above or any
    knowledge of the dependencies and links created by the application in the
    registry that might cause catastrophe if the user were to use the blanket
    approach you describe.

    --

    "Shaun" <snoggle@myvine.com> wrote in message
    > What I would do is click "start", then "run" then in the run box type in
    > regedit. This will bring up the registry editor. Now click on "edit", then
    > in the drop down menu click, "find" and now type in the name of the
    > software
    > "PE-design" and search and delete all that you find.
    > Might want to back up your reg first.
    > "Katier" <Katier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> -- Hi all,
    >> I bought a digitizing software to use for sewing it is called PE-design,
    >> installed it and it appeared to install OK. But it will not work. I
    > called
    >> the software company and they said there was a fix from the "Brothers"
    >> website, but first I had to remove it, I did "uninstall" and now they say
    >> have to remove it from registry file. I don't know how to do that, short
    > of
    >> calling HP can someone help me with this.
    >> I have a HP running windows XP home
    >> Thank you very much for any help.
    >> --
    >> Katier
    >>
    >> Katier

    Thank you for the information. The software maker is the one who told me I
    would have to contact HP, I thought that was wierd. but I am not even in
    the door where all of this is concerned. It's all too scary.

    "Michael Solomon (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > If the installation was relatively recent, try using XP's System Restore
    > feature to take the system back to a time prior to when the software was
    > installed, this should restore the registry as well. Start\All
    > Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Restore.
    >
    > If that doesn't resolve the issue, it is not HP you need to contact. It is
    > the software maker you need to contact as they would be the only people who
    > would know the specific registry keys they need to have removed.
    >
    > --
    > In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol.
    >
    > Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    > Windows Shell/User
    > https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/communities/mvp.aspx
    > Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
    > DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
    >

    > "Katier" <Katier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > -- Hi all,
    > > I bought a digitizing software to use for sewing it is called PE-design, I
    > > installed it and it appeared to install OK. But it will not work. I
    > > called
    > > the software company and they said there was a fix from the "Brothers"
    > > website, but first I had to remove it, I did "uninstall" and now they say
    > > have to remove it from registry file. I don't know how to do that, short
    > > of
    > > calling HP can someone help me with this.
    > > I have a HP running windows XP home
    > > Thank you very much for any help.
    > > --
    > > Katier
    > >
    > > Katier

    If they remove the "PE-design" from the reg (if they know how), 99.9 will
    work. Do it all the time when junk ware don't clean up after itself. (They
    could run a reg clean program) That might cause what you discribed. But I
    agree with most what you said.

    > I assume you are well backed up, possibly have up to date images of your
    > hard drive and are prepared for the eventuality that for one reason or
    > another you may not be able to boot into Windows. Most users, at least
    > those who come to these newsgroups are not prepared for that eventuality.
    > Even exporting the appropriate keys or the entire registry will be useless
    > if the user cannot boot the system.
    >
    > Applications can create all sorts of dependencies and sometimes deleting
    all
    > references to an application can make the system unstable or unable to
    boot
    > into Windows. Usually, when an application maker provides such deletion
    > information, they specify the relevant keys as opposed to the blanket
    > approach you seem to be advocating here.
    >
    > You have no idea about this user's experience, how well backed up the user
    > is and/or how well prepared for the eventualities described above or any
    > knowledge of the dependencies and links created by the application in the
    > registry that might cause catastrophe if the user were to use the blanket
    > approach you describe.
    >
    > --
    > In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol.
    >
    > Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    > Windows Shell/User
    > https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/communities/mvp.aspx
    > Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
    > DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
    >

    > "Shaun" <snoggle@myvine.com> wrote in message
    > > What I would do is click "start", then "run" then in the run box type in
    > > regedit. This will bring up the registry editor. Now click on "edit",
    then
    > > in the drop down menu click, "find" and now type in the name of the
    > > software
    > > "PE-design" and search and delete all that you find.
    > > Might want to back up your reg first.
    > > "Katier" <Katier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> -- Hi all,
    > >> I bought a digitizing software to use for sewing it is called
    PE-design,
    > >> installed it and it appeared to install OK. But it will not work. I
    > > called
    > >> the software company and they said there was a fix from the "Brothers"
    > >> website, but first I had to remove it, I did "uninstall" and now they
    say
    > >> have to remove it from registry file. I don't know how to do that,
    short
    > > of
    > >> calling HP can someone help me with this.
    > >> I have a HP running windows XP home
    > >> Thank you very much for any help.
    > >> --
    > >> Katier
    > >>
    > >> Katier

Hewlett Packard Microsoft Software Windows XP