tkoh

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2006
a few months back i was downloading some stuff...got a virus...had to boot in safe mode and delete it...since then every once in a while when i would startup the screen would just show my wallpaper no taskbar, no icons, no nothing. i would then ctrl alt dlt kill explorer and restart explorer. stuff would show up but not everything is working right. now it happens everytime i start my computer and it is verry annoying! sum1 please help, ive done scans, restore pts, tried everything. PLZ HELP :C

tkoh

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2006
also now whenever i try to use ventrillo/teamspeak i get ridiculous buzzing noise, and cant talk to ne1! so i dunno just sucks ridiculous

bacis

Distinguished
May 29, 2005
hi.
u cab try that medot.
start up/run(regedit)HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\
microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
see any suspicious program and disable it .
be careful!!!!!
suspicious program only!!!!

olderthandirt101

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2006
By the sympioms it appears that the virus did some damage before deleting it.That is why an antivirus program should disinfect and repair and not just delete OR quarantine.Obviously your antivirus did not stop it's downloading of the virus or repair quickly enough. That is why I insalled 3 antivirus and an anti worm-trojan proram(s) but allow only one to run at startup and in the background.I diable the running one to run another and usually catch remnants of a spybot,virus trojan, or worm.
Do not have the following combos: major conflicts if on copmputer at same time
Norton--McAfee
Kaspersky-Comodo
NOD-AVG7
OK for:
Asquared-AVG7-Awil(Avast)
Panda-AVG7

fattony

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2006
use msconfig.exe to disable all non-microsoft components from starting up, then try to narrow down which one is causing, this will require a lot of reboots