nightscope

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2007
just when you think GDDR4 is finally coming to light in a new generation check this out!

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=39011

Nice, good stuff! Hope it gets implemented soon if it's better than it's predecessors.

malphadour

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
Doesn't the Inquirer sometimes talk absolute shite!!!

R600 might be delayed to wait for Gddr5!!!! WTF!!!

The card is getting released in 3 days time and this ram isn't even built yet!!! Jeees this guy is a moron!!

Xazax310

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
Ya complete moron but its news you know =/

personally i dont trust the inquirer but i just saw this over at LegionHardware thought it be a nice thought for those who care.....

malphadour

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
Ya complete moron but its news you know =/

personally i dont trust the inquirer but i just saw this over at LegionHardware thought it be a nice thought for those who care.....

totally not dissin you dude, the info is legit about gddr5, its just his stupid comments afterwards. Why does he get something that is factual and then just make up some BS afterwards.

One of the other memory makers (can't remember which one) is also taping out gddr5 about now so its defo on its way for later this year by the look of it, or early next year.

shellofinsanity

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
Yes well the faster they get the looser the timings get, its rather funny, how long before the faster chips are so loose we no longer see a benefit though?

As for R600 AMD isnt that stupid to sit out till next year, that would make them the next 3DFX, always waiting for something faster before giving us a card, and before long they are loosing money and selling to nvidia.

totally not dissin you dude, the info is legit about gddr5, its just his stupid comments afterwards. Why does he get something that is factual and then just make up some BS afterwards.

It's called sarcasm, as in the R600 may get delayed again and by the time it finally arrives it could use this new memory (thus why it was put alongside the GF9800 (not 8900).

Make more sense now? :wink:

pshrk

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2006

The card is getting released in 3 days time and this ram isn't even built yet!!! Jeees this guy is a moron!!

I think it was a JOKE. I thought it was funny...

RandMcnally

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2006

He was joking, perhaps, you are the moron?

tehrobzorz

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2006
you cant seriously believe that amdti is this scrwd right?>

havent you read around or even heard rumors of may+

8O think about it, seriously.

malphadour

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
No, Ferret has a long track record of shite, in fact he is almost single handedly resposible for every one elses opinion of the Inquirer. Just check some of his other reports, if he can possibly make something up, he will.

Ninjaz7

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2006
Of course not(suspending the release of the r600 again),the ddr5 will come into play for christmas possibly(Q4).Just what if ATI and Nvidia were in bed together,developeing marketing schemes that look to the public like they're bitter rivals but they are't....remind you of anything 8O.

Glacier

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2004
Good info on GDDR5, although I could have done without his joke about the R600. It has already been delayed enough times for my taste.

Dr_asik

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2006
Of course not(suspending the release of the r600 again),the ddr5 will come into play for christmas possibly(Q4).Just what if ATI and Nvidia were in bed together,developeing marketing schemes that look to the public like they're bitter rivals but they are't....remind you of anything 8O.
Well the fact is, they'll never release a card powerful enough to last more than 1 year, afterwards you already have to cut down on some settings. Why? Is it because they cannot do it, or because they do not want to do it? :twisted: