Why i like asus again! My cpu has a friend

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007
face it - no mobo no cpu

maybe this should be posted in mobos - well nobody reads mobos - if your getting a c2d quad read this:

everyone know the 680i chips set is totally bugged, especially for quad cores:

1striker cpu int error no boots and totally bugged bios - 1330 quad core bug on all 680i mobos only evga is rma-ing for no 1335 or high fdb.

2) memory burning up in evga mobos over 2.2v

3)sata problems - major raid issues

4) Vcpu 1.5v lock up

5) plenty more......

well these are just a few issues - what does this have to do with cpu's - well if you want the fastest cpu (intel quad core) then u need a matching mobo - right! Are you going to stick that $970 chip in a 650i mobo? what about a 975? many people are reverting to 975 chipsets - can't blame them!

Why is asus my buddy again! :D becasue, after buying an open box mobo from the egg (i buy lots of these 9 out of 10 work fine with a heat sink fan or new bios or nothing at all) the last 3 asus mobos all will not boot 2 strikers and p5n32-e plus hybird (650i and 570 chipset combo in a striker mobo).

Well, i sent back the first striker and it was returned from the rma, it worked for 2 hours on this i cranked the voltage to 1.5v - cpu int lock up -- again! omg!

after returning my striker (2nd time) with cpu int error for the second time = THEY SENT ME A BRAND NEW MOBO (in 3 days) WITH ALL THE NEW PARTS -- OMG! hey its worth the $25 in shipping - 2 sound cards more fans 2 games 2 3dmarkd06 like i need more - key codes!

maybe it was the nasty letter i wrote listing all the abit, intel and other mobos i was going to buy to replace the 8-12 asus mobos i use?????

asus is my friend again - boy am i cheap to buy

C2D mobos:

P5w-dh (975x stablity, wireless and remote), P5N-E(best low cost mobo for C2D) , P5B-vm( poor oc, nice mATX) , the best asus mobos!

p5wd2-e premium 64 work station - the new one - 975x stablity

:evil: striker, p5n32-E plus, buy at your own risk! :twisted:

malphadour

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
Um, most people in the know are using 965 based boards, not 975. They are newer in design and perform better generally.

As for Asus, well, Asus suck a** :lol:

Must admit tho, that is good service you have had, tho if Asus could make a decent board in the first place you wouldn't have to kick off with them.

(just joking guys, I don't touch asus boards myself, but I know a lot of you swear by them)

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007
ya the 965 chip set is fast and its new no doubt - i went from the 975 to the 650i to the 680i

the 680i is the main problem

the 965 seems pretty clean - post your 965 issues here - please

most my gaming systems are built with p5n-e or d5w-dh since they are reliable for the average user. i add a nb fan to every p5n-e it rocks!