Direct cable connection--please help

I want to transfer files from my old computer (Win Me)to my new one (Win
XP) via a direct link parallel cable connection.

I have no problem setting up and starting the connection, but once I'm
connected, I don't know how to actually transfer the files. I've looked
in Windows Explorer on both host and guest computers; neither shows any
sign of the other computer's existence.

Can anyone help, please?

M. Segal
seabird@autoroute.net

Youre looking in the wrong area for that,try accessories,tools,open the
File Transfer Wizard,the wizard will guide you thru.

M Segal wrote:

> I want to transfer files from my old computer (Win Me)to my new one (Win
> XP) via a direct link parallel cable connection.
>
> I have no problem setting up and starting the connection, but once I'm
> connected, I don't know how to actually transfer the files. I've looked
> in Windows Explorer on both host and guest computers; neither shows any
> sign of the other computer's existence.
>
> Can anyone help, please?
>
> M. Segal
> seabird@autoroute.net

Anything appearing in "Network Places" at all?

Tried clicking "Explore" in the "Network Places" context menu?

Workgroup names match, including upper and lower case?

Tried alternate workgroup and computer names without spaces or non-alpha
characters?

Have Microsoft Networking protocol installed on both computers?

Have File and Printer Shareing for Microsoft Networks protocol installed
on both computers?

Have you designated the folders containing the files you want to
transfer as "Shared" in Windows Explorer?

Once everything is working you can drag files to or from the remote
folder in Windows Explorer like it's another hard drive.