"RA" <asdf@ra.com> wrote in message news:CFR3d.20528$wV.1779@attbi_s54...
> Any news about Operation Flashpoint 2?

Yes, the latest ,afaik, is that it is delayed till 2006 as per the official
page

I just hope they keep the same awesome template for the new one, ie full
islands and mission editor.

"Known12" <known12@aol.com> wrote in message
> I just hope they keep the same awesome template for the new one, ie full
> islands and mission editor.

There will be lots of 1st person war games far more advanced than OFP2 out
by 2006

I think codemasters have slipped up on this one, maybe they should aim more
on giving a real date instead of kicking out Colin McRae 3,4,5,6,7,8 YAWN!!

Pete

"prototype" <turismo(REMOVE)@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message

> "Known12" <known12@aol.com> wrote in message
>> I just hope they keep the same awesome template for the new one, ie full
>> islands and mission editor.
>
> There will be lots of 1st person war games far more advanced than OFP2 out
> by 2006
>
> I think codemasters have slipped up on this one, maybe they should aim
> more
> on giving a real date instead of kicking out Colin McRae 3,4,5,6,7,8
> YAWN!!
>

> Pete

I absolutely agree with you on this one. but I don't think it is CM doing
this. I think it is BIS , making every effort to finish OFP for Xbox. Guys,
like it or not, consoles are taking more and more time away from PC
development, especially for the smaller houses.

>> I just hope they keep the same awesome template for the new one, ie full
>> islands and mission editor.
>
> There will be lots of 1st person war games far more advanced than OFP2 out
> by 2006

"Advanced" is such a subjective term. There's plenty of games out right now
that are "more advanced" than OFP, but few of them can match its gameplay.
There is no other 3+ year old game that I still play to this day.

prototype wrote:
> "Known12" <known12@aol.com> wrote in message
>
>>I just hope they keep the same awesome template for the new one, ie full
>>islands and mission editor.
>

> There will be lots of 1st person war games far more advanced than OFP2 out
> by 2006
>
> I think codemasters have slipped up on this one, maybe they should aim more
> on giving a real date instead of kicking out Colin McRae 3,4,5,6,7,8 YAWN!!
>

> Pete

I'd hate to see the minimum hardware specs for this in 2006.

TJ

Im with you on this one.

I dont know another game to date that has the abilities and scope of OFP,
despite its aging effects engine.
Even the AI are still up there with the best, and that will only get better
as VBS influences take hold.

I expect OFP2 to be a very realistic simulation, perhaps dumbed down by
selling features demanded by Codemasters.

As for the consoles, while the XBOX version has undoubtedly taken time from
OFP2 development, in a way it IS part of OFP2 development.

XBOX version will have Join in progress, slicker graphics, less CPU intense
etc etc, and that knowledge is being ported and carried over.

TJ
> >> I just hope they keep the same awesome template for the new one, ie
full
> >> islands and mission editor.
> >
> > There will be lots of 1st person war games far more advanced than OFP2
out
> > by 2006
>
> "Advanced" is such a subjective term. There's plenty of games out right
now
> that are "more advanced" than OFP, but few of them can match its gameplay.
> There is no other 3+ year old game that I still play to this day.

after playing opfp with whole islands to play with I find games with set paths
unacceptable.