HDTV and standard cable

Last response: in Home Theatre
November 16, 2004 6:11:34 PM

I'm from Philadelphia and have comcast's standard cable, NOT digital.
I need to connect an InFocus Screenplay 5000 projector... I know some
of the channels are broadcasted in HD for standard cable, but I'm not
sure what kind of tuner I need.
Does anyone know what tuners are good for standard cable, Not air or
digital, that output in DVI?

More about : hdtv standard cable

Anonymous
November 17, 2004 8:02:02 AM

erockeisele@hotmail.com (Eric E.) wrote in message news:<7f504e10.0411161511.112d8de5@posting.google.com>...
> I'm from Philadelphia and have comcast's standard cable, NOT digital.
> I need to connect an InFocus Screenplay 5000 projector... I know some
> of the channels are broadcasted in HD for standard cable, but I'm not
> sure what kind of tuner I need.
> Does anyone know what tuners are good for standard cable, Not air or
> digital, that output in DVI?

Yes, in just about all cases, that would be the tuner in the box from
the cable company.
Anonymous
November 17, 2004 10:17:37 AM

Probably will require their supplied CATV HD box or Cable Card, suspect
their HD, like with Comcast, is priority. Check locally with your supplier
to confirm.
"Eric E." <erockeisele@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm from Philadelphia and have comcast's standard cable, NOT digital.
> I need to connect an InFocus Screenplay 5000 projector... I know some
> of the channels are broadcasted in HD for standard cable, but I'm not
> sure what kind of tuner I need.
> Does anyone know what tuners are good for standard cable, Not air or
> digital, that output in DVI?
November 18, 2004 3:20:36 AM

Can you buy a standard digital tuner box (ie not from Comcast) and receive
the Comcast HD channels? In Philadelphia are the HD channels (non premium-
just the locals) encrypted somehow?

!