IE7 won't open links from Outlook Express

Tags:
  • Internet Explorer
  • Outlook Express
  • IE7
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
December 21, 2006 5:23:21 PM

A friend of mine asked if I could tell him why he can’t directly open a link in IE7 from Outlook Express 6 when he clicks on it.

I took a look, (without my glasses,) and saw that IE would start up, but the link wasn’t showing up in the URL field. He had to copy the link to it to get it to work.

Looking at his OE settings, and glancing through his IE settings didn’t show much to me that explained the behavior.

I never had a problem with it, myself, as it’s always worked, possibly by default.

He’s running Windows XP, though I don’t know if it’s “Home” or “Pro.” (I’m back at my PC, searching to no end, and now asking.)

Anyone have a clue as to what setting or option may need to be tweaked on that Sony VIAO laptop to get it to work like virtually everyone else’s system?

Thanks in advance!

“Gyro1949”

More about : ie7 open links outlook express

March 16, 2007 8:52:22 PM

Click on Tools - Options - Security tab - In Security Zones, change the Zone from Restricted to Internet.

This will let you click links now. I've had the same thing happen to me.
March 18, 2007 2:08:05 AM

RMicro1,

Thanks for the info. I'm afraid it's too late for that guy, though. He left in his RV a couple weeks back.

But I'm guessing I'll hear about this glitch from someone else, eventually. I'm making a note of it..

:) 
Gyro1949
!