North Korea ..THE Official Website

You've got to take a bit of time to take a look through this site
(http://www.korea-dpr.com/) it's an amazing piece of fantasy, did you
know the US started the Korean War by invading the north? No? Neither
did I. Can't feed their own people but they can create a website. It'd
be funny if it wasn't so tragic.
13 answers Last reply
More about north korea official website
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    Who owns the domain name?

    --Uzi

    "TarnishUK" <nospam@bogoff.com> wrote in message
    > You've got to take a bit of time to take a look through this site
    > (http://www.korea-dpr.com/) it's an amazing piece of fantasy, did you know
    > the US started the Korean War by invading the north? No? Neither did I.
    > Can't feed their own people but they can create a website. It'd be funny
    > if it wasn't so tragic.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    This looks like a set-up for another war.

    From the BBC documentary I saw, North Korea didn't have the tech to pull off
    a website translated into so many languages, much less with a cheesy
    Shockwave Flash video.

    Could American intelligence be trying to move the nations whose languages
    are listed to see North Korea as a maniacal Communist power?

    --Uzi

    "TarnishUK" <nospam@bogoff.com> wrote in message
    > You've got to take a bit of time to take a look through this site
    > (http://www.korea-dpr.com/) it's an amazing piece of fantasy, did you know
    > the US started the Korean War by invading the north? No? Neither did I.
    > Can't feed their own people but they can create a website. It'd be funny
    > if it wasn't so tragic.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    "Uziyahu" <NNOSPAMMuziyahu@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<aM16d.47677$Of3.28389@tornado.tampabay.rr.com>...

    > This looks like a set-up for another war.

    No it's not. Much worse things are posted on the internet.

    > From the BBC documentary I saw, North Korea didn't have the tech to pull off
    > a website translated into so many languages

    Last time I checked North Korea has ambassadors all over the world.
    That means they have the capability to speak multiple languages.

    Also, if they can make functioning nuclear powerplants, they most
    definitely know how to operate a PC and write some HTML.

    >, much less with a cheesy
    > Shockwave Flash video.

    And learn flash too.

    > Could American intelligence be trying to move the nations whose languages
    > are listed to see North Korea as a maniacal Communist power?

    If that was true American intelligence is wasting its time. The rest
    of the world already thinks North Korea is a maniacal communist power.

    My first guess is that it's owned by some south koreans, though not
    involved with the South Korean government. Next guess is it's some
    Japanese, though not involved with the Japanese Government.

    My last guess would be North Korea. If they were smart they'd follow
    China's footsteps. Either they are actually stupid enough to try and
    hold on to their Stalinist regime, or the moderates are waiting for
    the old farts to die so they can do what's right and modernize the
    place. I hope for the latter but my gut tells me it's the former. In
    any case the last thing these guys are thinking about doing is making
    up some stupid website. Especially without a big brother to back them
    up anymore.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    Uziyahu wrote:

    > Who owns the domain name?

    Here's the info I get from Network Solutions:

    domain: korea-dpr.com
    status: production
    owner: Alejandro Cao de Benos de Les
    email: vientian@hotmail.com
    address: Valencia, 555, 3, 3
    city: Barcelona
    state: Barcelona
    postal-code: 08026
    country: ES
    admin-c: vientian@hotmail.com#0
    tech-c: salva@digival.es#80
    billing-c: salva@digival.es#0
    reseller-1: Visite: www.digival.es
    reseller-2: Dominios com, net, org, biz. info. y .es
    reseller-3: 1a Empresa Espanola del sector certificado AENOR
    reseller-4: Rapido y economico. Visitenos
    nserver: a.ns.joker.com 194.176.0.2
    nserver: b.ns.joker.com 194.245.101.19
    nserver: c.ns.joker.com 194.245.50.1
    registrar: JORE-1
    created: 2000-08-08 03:51:24 UTC core
    modified: 2004-07-08 09:47:36 UTC JORE-1
    expires: 2006-08-08 03:51:24 UTC
    source: joker.com

    db-updated: 2004-09-28 07:59:18 UTC
    ----
    Current Registrar: COMPUTER SERVICES LANGENBACH GMBH DBA JOKER.COM
    IP Address: 62.15.138.202 (ARIN & RIPE IP search)
    IP Location: ES(SPAIN)
    Record Type: Domain Name
    Server Type: Apache 1
    Lock Status: ACTIVE
    Web Site Status: Active
    DMOZ 3 listings
    Y! Directory: see listings
    Secure: No
    E-commerce: No
    Traffic Ranking: 1
    Data as of: 26-May-2004

    -Will
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    > Who owns the domain name?

    According to joker.com (the registrar), it's owned by Alejandro Cao de Benos
    de Les y Perez, who is apparently the president of the Korean Friendship
    Association. Didn't bother reading any more than that.

    Dan
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    joker.com ? :-D

    "William Bradshaw" <dougfromtos@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Uziyahu wrote:
    >
    >> Who owns the domain name?
    >
    > Here's the info I get from Network Solutions:
    >
    > domain: korea-dpr.com
    > status: production
    > owner: Alejandro Cao de Benos de Les
    > email: vientian@hotmail.com
    > address: Valencia, 555, 3, 3
    > city: Barcelona
    > state: Barcelona
    > postal-code: 08026
    > country: ES
    > admin-c: vientian@hotmail.com#0
    > tech-c: salva@digival.es#80
    > billing-c: salva@digival.es#0
    > reseller-1: Visite: www.digival.es
    > reseller-2: Dominios com, net, org, biz. info. y .es
    > reseller-3: 1a Empresa Espanola del sector certificado AENOR
    > reseller-4: Rapido y economico. Visitenos
    > nserver: a.ns.joker.com 194.176.0.2
    > nserver: b.ns.joker.com 194.245.101.19
    > nserver: c.ns.joker.com 194.245.50.1
    > registrar: JORE-1
    > created: 2000-08-08 03:51:24 UTC core
    > modified: 2004-07-08 09:47:36 UTC JORE-1
    > expires: 2006-08-08 03:51:24 UTC
    > source: joker.com
    >

    > db-updated: 2004-09-28 07:59:18 UTC
    > ----
    > Current Registrar: COMPUTER SERVICES LANGENBACH GMBH DBA JOKER.COM
    > IP Address: 62.15.138.202 (ARIN & RIPE IP search)
    > IP Location: ES(SPAIN)
    > Record Type: Domain Name
    > Server Type: Apache 1
    > Lock Status: ACTIVE
    > Web Site Status: Active
    > DMOZ 3 listings
    > Y! Directory: see listings
    > Secure: No
    > E-commerce: No
    > Traffic Ranking: 1
    > Data as of: 26-May-2004
    >

    > -Will
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    I wonder how much authority the man has to put up an official website for
    North Korea...

    "Spack" <news@worldofspack.co.uk> wrote in message
    > "Uziyahu" <NNOSPAMMuziyahu@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> Who owns the domain name?
    >
    > According to joker.com (the registrar), it's owned by Alejandro Cao de
    > Benos
    > de Les y Perez, who is apparently the president of the Korean Friendship
    > Association. Didn't bother reading any more than that.
    >
    > Dan

  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    conspiracy theorys. the stuff of paranoid political hotheads.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    known12@aol.com (Known12) wrote in message news:<20040929182806.03406.00001004@mb-m25.aol.com>...
    > conspiracy theorys. the stuff of paranoid political hotheads.

    Riiiight. Let's recap my (admittedly wrong) speculation:

    -Website shows North Korea's screwed-up view of world history.
    -I speculate it could have been made by some South Koreans (without
    endorsement from the South Korean govt) in an effort to make North
    Korea look bad.
    -I speculate it could have been made by some Japanese (without
    endorsement from the Japanese govt) in an effort to make North Korea
    look bad.

    If you call that paranoid political hothead thinking, then I suggest
    you review the last 100 years of Japanese and Korean history. Get
    back to me after doing so and we'll discuss what's so "paranoid" about
    my (again, admittedly wrong) speculation.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 13:32:37 GMT, "Uziyahu"
    <NNOSPAMMuziyahu@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >I wonder how much authority the man has to put up an official website for
    >North Korea...

    Lord knows with those clowns.

    I am still laughing at their statement regarding how the DPRK is now
    threatened by the US land-based missle interceptor systems.

    >"Spack" <news@worldofspack.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> "Uziyahu" <NNOSPAMMuziyahu@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>> Who owns the domain name?
    >>
    >> According to joker.com (the registrar), it's owned by Alejandro Cao de
    >> Benos
    >> de Les y Perez, who is apparently the president of the Korean Friendship
    >> Association. Didn't bother reading any more than that.
    >>
    >> Dan

  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    "Uziyahu" <NNOSPAMMuziyahu@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > This looks like a set-up for another war.
    >
    > From the BBC documentary I saw, North Korea didn't have the tech to pull
    off
    > a website translated into so many languages, much less with a cheesy
    > Shockwave Flash video.
    >
    > Could American intelligence be trying to move the nations whose languages
    > are listed to see North Korea as a maniacal Communist power?
    >
    > --Uzi

    North Korea will probably just implode in the way that other Stalinist
    'fortress' in Albania did in the early 90s
    I wonder who will get his hands on their nukes when it does though
    Interesting times eh
    Maybe I won't take up that job offer in Japan :-)
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    "Known12" <known12@aol.com> wrote in message
    > conspiracy theorys. the stuff of paranoid political hotheads.

    A clear case of the pot calling the kettle black
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    no no you are right, but I did hit delete post button after I rad further, I
    dont know why that never works

Games Video Games