program called bookmanagerace.exe is giving me 99%cpu usage.

mo26

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2006
randomly while using my pc it suddenly starts lagging like crazy, i open task manager and find out theres this program called bookmanagerace.exe that is taking up 99% of my cpu usage....
i tried searching for it but coudnt find the file, temporarily what i do is just end the process when it starts (which i can tell from the excessive lag) but is there any way i can identify or remove this program/bug from my pc?
thx

mo26

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2006
dude i tried that and another prgram called high jack this but they dont seem to be catching the program. isnt there some directory i can find this file in and from there just delete it?

Look for a program called Book Manager... that would be the logical first step in determining the problem. Check your Add / Remove programs and see if it shows up on the list.

pscowboy

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2002
Try to remember back to the day of (or the day before) the start of this problem. Try to remember what occurred that day. May give you a clue.

Try rolling back to that day with a Restore point.

mo26

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2006
i tried everything guys but eventually i just got fed up and formatted my drive. Now dont ask how or why but somehow my "unplugged" 500gb harddisk also got erased as well as the 400gb that i formatted. Now ive downloaded alot of "trial version" programs that can restore my lost files from my 500gb disk, and all of them can find my files...my question is that is there any free restoring program or will i be forced to dish out $99 for a program that i will probably never use again after this once.

mo26

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2006
i tried everything guys but eventually i just got fed up and formatted my drive. Now dont ask how or why but somehow my "unplugged" 500gb harddisk also got erased as well as the 400gb that i formatted. Now ive downloaded alot of "trial version" programs that can restore my lost files from my 500gb disk, and all of them can find my files...my question is that is there any free restoring program or will i be forced to dish out $99 for a program that i will probably never use again after this once.

nugundam93

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
randomly while using my pc it suddenly starts lagging like crazy, i open task manager and find out theres this program called bookmanagerace.exe that is taking up 99% of my cpu usage....
i tried searching for it but coudnt find the file, temporarily what i do is just end the process when it starts (which i can tell from the excessive lag) but is there any way i can identify or remove this program/bug from my pc?
thx

i just saw this thread coz i only sometimes check the forumz.

have you tried deleting references to that program as well in the registry?

mo26

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2006
[/quote]
have you tried deleting references to that program as well in the registry?[/quote]

i cant find any references to the program or from the registry