system restore operations

How do I restore my computer to its original state and keep some of the
programs I have installed? I am operating on Windows Xp home edition with
service pack 2. For example I want to keep the service pack 2 so I do not
have to download it again. This is the same with some of the other programs.

--
SmileyX6X6

You are referring to two things which are mutually exclusive. You cannot
return your system to its original state and keep any of the programs you've
installed or service pack 2 which was installed after the system was first
turned on.

If you have a problem, post the specific issue you are trying to fix and
perhaps we can offer something less drastic than what you've requested.

--
In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol.

Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User
Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

"smiley505" <smiley505@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I restore my computer to its original state and keep some of the
> programs I have installed? I am operating on Windows Xp home edition with
> service pack 2. For example I want to keep the service pack 2 so I do not
> have to download it again. This is the same with some of the other
> programs.
>
> --
> SmileyX6X6

Hi Smiley,