Using Russian Square Plus in Windows XP SP2

trinitron64

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2006
I got myself a licensed copy of windows XP PLUS! and I need to get
'Russian Square Plus!' to work on a windows XP machine... my girlfriend has PLUS! but I put windows XP SP2 on the system and she really want that game back... but the system is a laptop from her fathers work and it cannot be formated for an OS change...

I took the files from the game out and put them in the proper dll folder in system32... i double click on the 40meg game file and the game screen appears but a warning pops up saying

'you must accept the end user license agreement to use microsoft plus! for windows XP"

What must I do to allow this file to be run on my current OS?

Please... this would make a kickass christmas gift and i happen to be in trouble... ha... ha... *sigh*

vanka

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2006
I took the files from the game out and put them in the proper dll folder in system32... i double click on the 40meg game file and the game screen appears but a warning pops up saying

'you must accept the end user license agreement to use microsoft plus! for windows XP"

How exactly did you try to install the game? Did you just try to copy the game files off the CD or did you install Windows XP Plus?

micronerdo

Distinguished
May 23, 2004
Re-insert the Microsoft Plus CD. Check yes and accept the End User Agreement. Use the custom installation. Click on every hard drive icon and use the third option with the red X that says "this will not be installed."
When you come to the Games hard drive icon, click the Russian Squares in the subdirectory and select either one of the top two categorys (NOT the third choice which has the red X). Red X the rest of the Games hard drive icons. This will quickly re-install the Russian Squares game without having to overwrite all the rest of the Plus stuff. Chances are a few files in that game became corrupt.