2 questions

Last response: in Home Theatre
November 17, 2004 8:40:28 PM

*) which is your favourite HDTV (with terrestrial tuner inside) for $ 600?
*) where can I get a full list of HDTV terrestrial tv in USA?

More about : questions

Anonymous
November 17, 2004 8:40:29 PM

luc wrote:
> *) which is your favourite HDTV (with terrestrial tuner inside) for $ 600?

Good luck with that.

> *) where can I get a full list of HDTV terrestrial tv in USA?

titantv.com
Anonymous
November 17, 2004 8:40:29 PM

luc wrote:

> *) which is your favourite HDTV (with terrestrial tuner inside) for $ 600?

I believe there are none at this Time.... Nov. 2004...

The Sanyo HT30744 ($647) and Samsung TXP2675WH ($665) come
close to your Price.... But they are not even close
to the Superb Sony Picture & reliability quality.. Not Good!

> *) where can I get a full list of HDTV terrestrial tv in USA?

This type of Info changes monthly due to US Government
mandates... I'm not sure where to find this list..
Related resources
November 18, 2004 5:49:15 AM

Dennis, What do you base your opinion on? Have you had experience with
either of these sets? You say "Not Good" please explain. You kind of sound
like a Sony dealer. BTW my brother in law has a Sony and it is awesome. I am
simply asking why the Sanyo and Samsung are "Not Good" as I am thinking
about the Sanyo

The Sanyo HT30744 ($647) and Samsung TXP2675WH ($665) come
close to your Price.... But they are not even close
to the Superb Sony Picture & reliability quality.. Not Good!
Anonymous
November 18, 2004 5:49:16 AM

Norm wrote:

> Dennis, What do you base your opinion on? Have you had experience with
> either of these sets? You say "Not Good" please explain. You kind of sound
> like a Sony dealer. BTW my brother in law has a Sony and it is awesome. I am
> simply asking why the Sanyo and Samsung are "Not Good" as I am thinking
> about the Sanyo
>
> The Sanyo HT30744 ($647) and Samsung TXP2675WH ($665) come
> close to your Price.... But they are not even close
> to the Superb Sony Picture & reliability quality.. Not Good!

Norm:

I'm just a recently retired old guy... who has visited many
HDTV stores and sales people for the past 13 months....
Who bought an expensive Sony CRT HDTV after looking
a Sears low buck, then medium buck CRT HDTVs...

First we are talking Digital CRT TVs, not analog CRT TVs, that
can process either a Digital Signal or Analog signal....

In general most all Digital CRT TVs can process the Digital
Program signals well.....
I view a Digital HDTV as 'a Digital computer' processing
'the pixel data' on the fly....
Depending on how both the Sony hardware & processing
software are developed... The CRT Picture quality
I see represents quality Engineering.... & reliability...

The HDTV Feature that separates the Good from the Average
HDTV CRT set is feeding an Analog signal to a Digital
HDTV set/monitor... I believe that this A/D conversion
process is even more telling on Picture Quality
as Line doublers and Scaler schemes vary extensively
for Sony CRT HD products than the competition....

In short, you are getting what you pay for to a degree...
Anything Good that's free or less expensive is hard to find..
I'm for good picture quality when viewing a Screen...
Where the picture source/signal is identical...

In passing, getting the Sanyo or Samsung with tuner will
be 'fine' IF is doesn't fail nor get compared to a Sony
CRT HDTV... in most all cases... It's all 'visual'...

I've viewed some Sanyo infrequently, & Samsung frequently
at HDTV stores under average to poor Program conditions
vs Sony HDTV 'picture product'.... I bought for
the longer term.... and now Sony HDTV is down to
$900 plus $200 Walmart external Digital tuner...
Anonymous
November 18, 2004 2:37:58 PM

> $200 Walmart external Digital tuner...

Which model? Can you send a link?
Anonymous
November 18, 2004 9:12:56 PM

Best Buy has the LG LST3510 STB with built in DVD that upconverts
dvd's to 1080i. Price $399.99
absolutely wonderful picture quality because it's 8VSB.

Hope this helps

"luc" <luc@luc.it> wrote in message
: *) which is your favourite HDTV (with terrestrial tuner inside) for
$ 600?
: *) where can I get a full list of HDTV terrestrial tv in USA?
:
:
:
November 19, 2004 6:21:10 AM

Dennis, I hope I didn't come on harsh but oh well. Here is my story. I work
in the commercial broadcast industry. I am responsible for the video and
audio we send out to our SD and HD transmitters 40 hours a week. I am not a
big TV watcher when I am home. I don't have cable, or satellite. I probably
watch TV an hour or two at the most on any work day. The first channel I
check when I hit the couch is PBS. I want a widescreen TV mainly to watch my
DVD's on. I don't want a big screen because I don't need the TV to be the
center piece of my living room. I have little or no interest in football,
baseball, (What?) or commercial TV in general. I would want an OTA tuner
basically to watch PBS offerings in HD, and to play around with in general.
Then I find this Sanyo 30" 16X9 Flat Screen, with HD tuner, at Wally World
with a one year free replacement warrantee through Sanyo for $649. Thats a
pretty good deal. Yes I know that the small screen does not give me the full
benefit of the HD resolution. I have read for the most part good things
about the TV in it's model specific threads. HDTV prices are starting to
drop rapidly. I have watched this TV drop $100 in about the last 3 or 4
months. It makes me wonder how cheap this stuff is going to get. Prices are
going to drop even faster next year when the FCC starts requiring digital
tuners in most TVs larger than 13 inches. My only hesitation would be that
the supposedly forth coming 5th generation HD tuner chip set from LG/Zenith
is supposed to offer reception almost as robust as COFDM, and that the Sanyo
most likely doesn't have it. Anybody had any good or bad experiences with
this TV? BTW my brother in law has a Sony Grand Wega 42 inch LCD RP that
just about makes me cry, but I am not in love with TV that much.
Norm

!