SoultH20

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2006
I got a nasty little worm the otherday and decided to format my machine and install the RAID for the first time on this MB. When loading windows I press the F6 to load the driver for my RAID controller but I am unable to finish because my floppy disk seems to be damaged. I am looking for a copy of that disk and how to make it bootable Also a little advise on loading RAID im a little rusty it's been about 4 or 5 years since i loaded RAID on anythind

The name on the disk i have is SATA Driver Disk from ABIT .silicon\3112\
:roll:

exit2dos

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
The first download on this page:
http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/drivers.php?categories=1&model=158
There is a Readme file in the "Disk" folder. I believe you just need to copy the contents of the "Disk" folder to a floppy. The floppy doesn't need to be bootable, as you need to boot from the XP cd.

Are you aware that you need 2 identical size drives for RAID? (Or 3 or more if you're going with RAID 5).

As far as setting up the RAID, you can run the Setup program from the zip file. You can check your motherboard's manual for detailed instructions. If you have misplaced the manual, you can download a new one from the link above.

SoultH20

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2006
Thanks !!

I got the RAID working after I found the driver backed up, guess I knew the floppy was going to get damaged. I ended up getting everything just about right when I updated the BIOS, now I can’t boot the machine… :oops: So all that work for nothing… :oops: