Dell Axim X5 Question

July 14, 2005 8:54:36 PM

Anyone had issues with the X5 speaker/mic that when you use a headphone set
the mic no longer functions?

More about : dell axim question

Anonymous
July 14, 2005 8:54:37 PM

I think have heard of that issue before, but mine works OK, so it's not a
'feature'. I can see that happening on an X50 though. Since the jack is a
headset/mic jack which might disconnect the internal mic when you plug in a
headset, but mine didn't seem to do that either.

--
Sven
MVP - Mobile Devices
"James B" <nospam@here.com> wrote in message
news:o fMWRaLiFHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Anyone had issues with the X5 speaker/mic that when you use a headphone
> set
> the mic no longer functions?

Anonymous
July 15, 2005 6:24:08 PM

Well is the X5 headphone jack a combo as well then do you know? Any simple
way of testing that?

"Sven" <sejohannsen@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I think have heard of that issue before, but mine works OK, so it's not a
> 'feature'. I can see that happening on an X50 though. Since the jack is a
> headset/mic jack which might disconnect the internal mic when you plug in
> headset, but mine didn't seem to do that either.
>
> --
> Sven
> MVP - Mobile Devices
> "James B" <nospam@here.com> wrote in message
> news:o fMWRaLiFHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > Anyone had issues with the X5 speaker/mic that when you use a headphone
> > set
> > the mic no longer functions?

Anonymous
July 16, 2005 12:25:38 AM

There has never been any indication that the X5 had a combo jack. I
mentioned the X50 mostly in case the X5 was a typo.
You might try asking about this at www.aximsite.com there are many more
dedicate Axim users there, and the likelihood someone has seen this might be
higher.
--

!