google desktop search!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I installed google desktop search and then when I tried to use the XP search
I no longer have the dog and the XP search interface. I want that bach and
to be able to use google desktop from the webbrowser.

Thanks in advance

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hi Kenny,

Perhaps what you are seeking is the Google Toolbar and not the Google
Desktop Search:
http://toolbar.google.com/

See if there is an entry for Google Desktop Search in Control Panel>Add or
Remove Programs, and if there is, click on it and then click on the Remove
button. You can also run the uninstaller for Google Desktop Search via
Start>Programs>Google Desktop Search>Uninstall Google Desktop Search. Once
the Google Desktop Search has been uninstalled, and you've restarted your
computer, see if you now have the dog and the XP search interface.

Regards,

--
Patti MacLeod
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User