jaydee4854

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
I just purchased a elitegroup p4800pro-m478 mb. I can not get it to boot into the bios or operating system when my geforce 6800xt is pluged into the agp port. If i take out the geforce and plug my monitor into the intergrated graphics on the motherboard it will then boot into the bios,this is only when the geforce is unpluged from the agp port. If the geforce is pluged in and i try to plug my monitor into the intergrated graphics it will not boot. Ive also tryed using a geforce 5700 same thing happens. Again ican not get it to boot using the 6800xt. It will only boot if the card is out and the agp port has nothing in it and my monitor is plugged into the intergrated graphics. Could this be a bios problem were it needs a new version? If so how do i do it. Also when the geforce was in my monitor was pluged into the geforce except the one time i pluged into the motherboard. just wanted to make that clear.

I have

p4 3.0 ghz
1gig ddr (400 mhz)
ide 7200 80gig hd
500 watt ps
sound card
geforce 6800xt

Please help

Jason

Normally the BIOS will detect the video card and automatically adjust the BIOS setting and use the video card as the primary video source while disabling the onboard video. Apparently your MB did not do this in BIOS. I'm unfamiliar with you MB, but poke around in BIOS and select the AGP video card as the primary video source. That should disable the on board video.

jaydee4854

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
Thanks for the tip but i already did that. It was set to pci,i changed it to agp but that did not help. There was something in the bios where you could change the volts for agp. There were 4 settings. The two i remember are .5 v and normal,the other two were higher than 0.5v.

jaydee4854

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
Well some things are easy to overlook. I forgot to plug the power supply into the video card. Dam stupid,hey lol. Oh well,thanks for the tips.