Need help reformatting HDD!?!??!

yas

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2006
I installed mbm and ever since when I enter windows the monitor, keyboard and mouse dont work. I wanted to reformat but when I put in the windows XP CD it boots straight back into windows from the CD so I am left back where I started. I know this is a noob question but could someone plz tell me how Im supposed to reformat my hard drive so that I can reinstall windows normally. Could I use a ms-dos disk perhaps?? ALso, how would I do that ???

thanks for help

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
there is no reason to reformat and install windows.

instead uninstall and reinstall the drivers for your monitor, keyboard and mouse ;)

pscowboy

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2002
Keep tapping the F8 key when you first turn to get a menu on which you can enter Safe Mode. Hopefully you will have use of your peripherals there.

If you do, go to Control Panel - Add/Remove - and uninstall mbm (I'm assuming you mean motherboard monitor). Reboot normally, and let me know if you're all better.

yas

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2006
Actually yeah your right I managed to boot on the cd on safe mode and I removed the motherboard monitor but the problem is still there. I dont mind reformatting HDD but could you tell me how from the windwos screen :oops:

thanx

G

Can't you just boot from the Windows XP CD and start the Windows installation program? You can reformat the hard drive from there.

Grumpy

yas

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2006
Actually I entered windows in safe mode then started the CD from there and it worked. It would enter straight into windows when I booted from the CD

thanks for all the help everyone!