SCRIPT ERROR ON I.E.

nel

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2004
After running XP REPAIR PRO I started having a script error and i searched around how to fix it and followed what people say "uninstall IE and install it back again" But that did not fix it at all. The IE7 I can use to about anything but whenever I go to microsoft to update it will go blank... Does anybody knows how to fix this problem, I appreciate any help, thanks....

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
well I don't know why you are using ie thats just crazy but its your pc.

you are getting script errors because of your security settings in ie. set them to default or if default is giving you headache then custom level it and allow java scripts, better yes just let xp automatically download your updates instead of going there with ie.

then stop using ie and use opera or firefox. opera is much better imo

nel

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2004
I do not like to use IE7 I only need it to update my p.c. and some other application,,, Now, if you can tell me how to config. my browser (Mozilla Firefox) to get the microsoft update it will be a really big help, thanks...

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
well as I said why not just set your os to automatically update? that way you don't need to use any browser.

but if you have your own reason then its very simple to use firfox ;)

just go here:

www.windowsupdate.62nds.com

install the firefox plugin and then follow the prompt to update ;)

source

nel

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2004
Thanks it works on firefox, earlier, i did install back the IE7 and followed what u say but still the same problem though, but I guess its o.k. now I can used firefox to update... Thanks a lot

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
good luck
headbangernu4.gif
headbangernu4.gif
headbangernu4.gif