which graphic card- ATI or Nvdia

waleedhk

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2006
hi i wanted to know any nice card.. than can run vista nice (scoring above 4.2) and can play quake 4 or Unreal Tournament (newest edition) and most wanted under 1024x768 resolution on windows XP .it should be under 85$.
and 1 more question what is the difference in ATI and NVdia and geforce.

Gary_Busey

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
hi i wanted to know any nice card.. than can run vista nice (scoring above 4.2) and can play oblivon, quake 4 or Unreal Tournament (newest edition) and most wanted under 1024x768 resolution on windows XP .it should be under 85$.
Good luck finding a card that can play Oblivion for under $85.

waleedhk

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2006
sorry my mistake not oblivion.. i just want a nice graphic card that can run normal games like most wanted. actually i thought that oblivion is not that high def. game

cleeve

Illustrious
Spend the extra $15... for $99 you can get a Radeon X1650 XT on newegg.

Excellent card for $100, and worlds better than most sub-$100 cards.

Ati and Nvidia are different manufacturers, but both are very good. You just need to find the best bang for your buck.
Ati makes the Radeon brand, Nvidia makes the Geforce brand.

blackberry

Distinguished
May 11, 2004
Nvidia is a GPU manufacturer and its mean competitor is ATI....
While Geforce is a gpu series from Nvidia :!:
For a card under 85 bux , Its really enough to play Dave 2 or Doom 1 at Max resolution :lol:

blackberry

Distinguished
May 11, 2004
Spend the extra $15... for $99 you can get a Radeon X1650 XT on newegg.

Excellent card for $100, and worlds better than most sub-$100 cards.

Ati and Nvidia are different manufacturers, but both are very good. You just need to find the best bang for your buck.
Ati makes the Radeon brand, Nvidia makes the Geforce brand.

Or you can spend +4 $ and get eVGA 7600GT that I intended to get
Its really cooooool but it can't run Oblivion at its max !

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130073

waleedhk

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2006
can i buy any cheap card and overclock it till this 7600gt.. because i have 80$ and i will take 5$ from my parents ( this will be the shipping charges). so tell me any card about 80$

BigCharb

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2006
yo man, from what i've noticed is that its mostly not about what card your using, but what game your playing. most game manufacturer has a GFX company i.e. ATI, Green Giant. and optimise's the game for that card maker. look at the game box or check the website to see what GFX card maker they recommend and go for that one. its the only way you'll get the most out of your game and your card. this is what i do, and most the games i play are ATI optimized, so i go for that one.

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006
sorry my mistake not oblivion.. i just want a nice graphic card that can run normal games like most wanted. actually i thought that oblivion is not that high def. game
Uhh, I think you've fallen prey to console marketing BS. Oblivion is currently one of the, if not the most graphically taxing games on the market.

Xazax310

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
Personally i like the ATI go for that X1650XT with the 256bit bus that will do your rig wonders in the gaming world and only for 100$

trooper1947

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2007
Good luck on getting any ATI directx 10 card ! ATI won't answer any emails and when I call will not answer any questions about release of them ! They put out alot of hype and 1 test card that did'nt materialize on the market at a comparable price . AMD blew our chances of competition for video ! The idiots are going bankrupt and bought the only company to compete with nvidia. I'm sick of looking at their pics and phoney promises ... I could release the same phoney pics with a graphics program ! Pretty pics AMD ... but you know the old saying ... " WHERE'S THE BEEF " ? They won't even put a projected release date on their lousey web site !!! NOTHING !!!! .... :cry:

cleeve

Illustrious
look at the game box or check the website to see what GFX card maker they recommend and go for that one. its the only way you'll get the most out of your game and your card. this is what i do, and most the games i play are ATI optimized, so i go for that one.

Bad advice, dude.

Many 'The way it's meant to be played' titles - Oblivion for instance - work better on Ati cards, even though Nvidia pays for the marketing.

You're right about looking on a per-game-basis, but look to benchmarks... not marketing hype.

trooper1947

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2007
Old game on old card ..... get the Crysis game when it comes out and run it DUDE . All in well if you only plan on running " last year's games ... but if you want the newest ones like most ... the old ATI's will be lame !

akahuddy

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2006
Old game on old card ..... get the Crysis game when it comes out and run it DUDE . All in well if you only plan on running " last year's games ... but if you want the newest ones like most ... the old ATI's will be lame !

Stop spamming the thread...

To the OP: If I were you, I'd ask your parents or neighbors around if there are any jobs you can work to make a couple of quick bucks so that you can buy this X1650XT:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814142090

The 256-bit bus would be worth it.

cleeve

Illustrious

Wow, you sure are knowledgable.

I didn't know you had a beta of Crysis to test. :roll:

When Crysis comes out in half a year or so, it's a safe bet that both Ati's and Nvidia's new cards will run it better than both Ati's & Nvidia's Dx9 counterparts...

...so what's your point, dude? :lol: