How do you get rid of the Log On Screen on WinXp

ladic

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2003
I didnt use to have the log on screen, but since yesterday for some reason now Is on every time I turn on the PC, how do I remove it?

ladic

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2003
I dont want the welcome screen, where I have to click on my name in order to log in.

I didnt have that screen before, but for somereason since yestarday, I now do.

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
ok well did you install any software yesterday? if I were you I would check and see what did it and make sure its not a virus or something.

other then that to totally remove the welcome screen you need to do this:

1) Click on Run
2) Type in the following command and click OK

control userpasswords2

3) Highlight the user you want to log into automatically, then uncheck the box for

"Users must enter a username and password to use this computer"

4) Click on Apply and you'll be asked to verify the username and password to log in automatically
5) Click OK and the next time you restart your computer, you'll automatically be logged in without having the classic prompt or Welcome Screen.

good luck

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
any changes made to your pc has to be made by something, that can be you, a software you allowed to change something or trojens and viruses making those changes.

anytime anything just gets changed on its own on your pc 90% of the time its a virus doing it.

so check your pc with an upto date anti virus and make sure its clean

good luck
headbangernu4.gif
headbangernu4.gif
headbangernu4.gif

G

No, it's caused by an update to the MS ASP .NET service. There's a second update that would have fixed the problem.

Grumpy

G

Yes, that's correct but the .NET 1.1 Framework is an optional update or a lot of computer manufacturers install it automatically.

Grumpy