Slow Windows 7 Professional 64 bit download

Status
Not open for further replies.

perpity

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011
I just bought my Win7 64 bit Professional (student account, woop woop).

Unfortunately, the provided direct DL (Microsoft's) is moving at dial-up speed (40-50 k). I tried looking for a torrent of the ISO, but it was to no avail. Any suggestions on a site to lessen the time of my ISO download?

calmstateofmind

Distinguished
If you bought it already, why illegally download it? As for the speeds, try restarting your computer and modem/router (if you have access to it). Also, is anyone else on your network, maybe torrenting as well??? If so, torrenting can be a HUGE bandwidth hog...

Godiwa

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2008

reading skills are poor eeh?

he BOUGHT the download version of winblows from microsofts website and the speed is REALLY slow from it... so he wanted a torrented ISO of an original disc that would be faster to download... understand now?

calmstateofmind

Distinguished

Yes, my reading skills are horrendous actually. In fact I don't even know what you just said, so I'll just assume it was some smart aleck remark that doesn't actually address the OP's problem.

And I understood the situation from the beginning. He's wanting to not wait on his PAID version of the OS so he's wanting to torrent an ILLEGAL version of it instead. Here at Tom's we don't support illegal downloads, nor do we give advice on how to do so.

Just because someone buys a legal key from a manufacturer's website, that doesn't give them the right to download an illegal version, and then apply the key they purchased to it.

Now, if he were asking if M$ offered a torrent link from their website that would allow faster speeds, then yes, I might have incorrectly interpreted the OP. But, seeing as how that's not the case, why don't you actually help the cause or go get a life.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Godiwa

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2008
well actually downloading a torrent for something you already own isn't illegal, so what he is asking isn't illegal ;)

he has a legal key so where he get the file from doesn't really matter, of course there is the problem of some people "modifying" the download so downloading from a trusted place is the best... but what is a trusted place anyways? we have seen trustworthy companies distribute malware by accident, even on CDs/DVDs so nothing is 100% safe.

calmstateofmind

Distinguished

Yeah, you're absolutely right...I just bought Harry Potter on DVD from Walmart's website, but it won't arrive at my house for another 3 days so I can go ahead and torrent it, seeing as how I bought it already. NOT.

Yes, it does matter. You have no idea of what you're speaking about. In fact, you're so off the mark I think you're trolling.

Again, you're absolutely correct. I mean, it's not like there's a thing called anti-virus/malware software.

Your ignorance and absurdness amazes me. :pfff: :pfff: :pfff:

tecmo34

Administrator
This thread has gotten a little out of hand, so before I close the thread... My recommendation is to take some of the advice to try 1) restart PC & try downloading again, 2) Utilize a legal disk from someone you know and apply your key during install, & 3) avoid Torrent download versions.

Best of luck...

Status
Not open for further replies.