Stupid Crossfire blinking problem.

thekurnul

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2007
I installed the 1950XTX master edition card to complete a Crossfire setup on my machine (my slave card is 1900XTX) about a month ago. There is a really annoying blinking problem that is happening. When I hook up the bulky crossfire cable and plug in my monitor using the DVI cable, my monitor blinks, signal, black, signal, black. Enabling Crossfire does not help this problem. The weirdest part about this is when I hook up a VGA converter and plug in my monitor (my 22" Dell LCD E228WFP has both DVI and VGA ports), it works!!! No blinking at all and I can also enable Crossfire with no problems. I really want to be able to use my DVI cable since my monitor is LCD. I've 'reduced the DVI frequency' in the CCC options as well as a few other basic things, but it still blinks.

Also, the blinking occurs both in Windows and POST and startup, discounting the possibility of bad software (I have the most current CCC and drivers anyways). Please help!

GhostX

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2005
I had the same exact problem with my crossfired 1950XTX's.

It would increase to stupid levels if I ran something like Dawn of War on max res when I got to large fight scenes. I thought it was thermal till I realized it was my card. I guess its pretty common from what I read online.

shakh

Distinguished
May 17, 2007
H Guys,

I have the same problem when running games after installing crossfire.
I also have the x1950xtx cards.

The moment I boot one up t starts flickering on and off intermittently.
Can you advise on a fix?

Thanks