pip with comcast hd and sony

Last response: in Home Theatre
November 18, 2004 4:30:25 PM

I wanted to know what I need to do to get pip with my setup. I need a
splitter, but where does it go? Why can't the t.v. show video 1 in one
window and video 7 in another on it's own? I have a Sony KV34HS510.

Thanks,

Eddie G

More about : pip comcast sony

Anonymous
November 18, 2004 10:03:53 PM

With a GWIII, I have split my cable with a 1000MHz, -3.5dB splitter with one
lead going to the antenna input of the set and the other leg going to my
Comcast box for HD/Digital. Any devices connected to the component or
composite connectors on my set support PIP (POP actually) using the sets 2
tuners. If I ONLY feed my set from my AVR, for example, then I would have no
second (or other sources) to drive the PIP(POP) feature. My set also
receives signal from a VCR/Tivo, DVD player, DVR, Ant, Cable, Digital/HD,
and DBS using the available ports and RF. The left window can display any
source, the right doesn't display the component or DVI signals.

YMMV
--
"Sleep is a poor substitute for coffee."
- Anon

"Eddie G" <mickeddie at comcast.net> wrote in message
>I wanted to know what I need to do to get pip with my setup. I need a
>splitter, but where does it go? Why can't the t.v. show video 1 in one
>window and video 7 in another on it's own? I have a Sony KV34HS510.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Eddie G

Anonymous
November 19, 2004 6:56:04 AM

When you split the cable like that, do you have to use two remotes or can
you just use the TV remote for channels as well as POP?

I have the same problem and hate loosing all my TV features.

Bob

"MrMike6by9" <MrMike6by9@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:p 9-dnYxAVs7bpQDcRVn-rg@comcast.com...
> With a GWIII, I have split my cable with a 1000MHz, -3.5dB splitter with
> one lead going to the antenna input of the set and the other leg going to
> my Comcast box for HD/Digital. Any devices connected to the component or
> composite connectors on my set support PIP (POP actually) using the sets 2
> tuners. If I ONLY feed my set from my AVR, for example, then I would have
> no second (or other sources) to drive the PIP(POP) feature. My set also
> receives signal from a VCR/Tivo, DVD player, DVR, Ant, Cable, Digital/HD,
> and DBS using the available ports and RF. The left window can display any
> source, the right doesn't display the component or DVI signals.
>
> YMMV
> --
> "Sleep is a poor substitute for coffee."
> - Anon
>
> "Eddie G" <mickeddie at comcast.net> wrote in message
>>I wanted to know what I need to do to get pip with my setup. I need a
>>splitter, but where does it go? Why can't the t.v. show video 1 in one
>>window and video 7 in another on it's own? I have a Sony KV34HS510.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Eddie G

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
November 19, 2004 8:54:30 AM

Ergobob wrote:
> When you split the cable like that, do you have to use two remotes or
> can you just use the TV remote for channels as well as POP?
>
> I have the same problem and hate loosing all my TV features.
>
> Bob

Most good universal remotes should fix this.....

> "MrMike6by9" <MrMike6by9@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:p 9-dnYxAVs7bpQDcRVn-rg@comcast.com...
>> With a GWIII, I have split my cable with a 1000MHz, -3.5dB splitter
>> with one lead going to the antenna input of the set and the other
>> leg going to my Comcast box for HD/Digital. Any devices connected to
>> the component or composite connectors on my set support PIP (POP
>> actually) using the sets 2 tuners. If I ONLY feed my set from my
>> AVR, for example, then I would have no second (or other sources) to
>> drive the PIP(POP) feature. My set also receives signal from a
>> VCR/Tivo, DVD player, DVR, Ant, Cable, Digital/HD, and DBS using the
>> available ports and RF. The left window can display any source, the
>> right doesn't display the component or DVI signals. YMMV
>> --
>> "Sleep is a poor substitute for coffee."
>> - Anon
>>
>> "Eddie G" <mickeddie at comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> I wanted to know what I need to do to get pip with my setup. I
>>> need a splitter, but where does it go? Why can't the t.v. show
>>> video 1 in one window and video 7 in another on it's own? I have a
>>> Sony KV34HS510. Thanks,
>>>
>>> Eddie G
Anonymous
November 19, 2004 12:18:24 PM

i have the 32 of that tv...split the cable before the box and put one
directly into the antenna/cable coax input...you'll only get up to like
channel 78 or whatever obviously...if you're using component from the cable
box, it will only work in the left window, but the other stuff will work in
either

"Eddie G" <mickeddie at comcast.net> wrote in message
> I wanted to know what I need to do to get pip with my setup. I need a
> splitter, but where does it go? Why can't the t.v. show video 1 in one
> window and video 7 in another on it's own? I have a Sony KV34HS510.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Eddie G

Anonymous
November 19, 2004 5:12:32 PM

My SONY TV's twin view (pip) does not have symetrically twin windows.
All 7 video-in ports are avialable to the left side window. But only
a few ports are available to the right side window.

I have a DVD and the cable HD box hooked to two component in ports and
unfortunately these two ports are available only on the left window.
i.e. I cannot show DVD and HD side by side at the same time.

I think if you own a SONY, you are out of luck in some configurations.

!