Richard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I recently installed a program that required .NET - now I have a login
screen - with no login password - I simply have to click on my name and the
boot continues. Is there any way to configure the machine to log in
automatically (only one acct ever used) - any help is appreciated.

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type control userpasswords2, and then
click OK.
3. Clear the "Users must enter a user name and password to
use this computer" check box, then click Apply.
4. In the Automatically Log On window, type the password in
the Password box, and then retype the password in the Confirm
Password box.
5. Click OK to close the Automatically Log On window, and
then click OK to close the User Accounts window.

--
Nepatsfan
"Richard" <richx@optonline.net> wrote in message
>I recently installed a program that required .NET - now I have a
>login screen - with no login password - I simply have to click
>on my name and the boot continues. Is there any way to configure
>the machine to log in automatically (only one acct ever used) -
>any help is appreciated.

Richard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thanks anyway ---- does not work - still get the screen where I have to
click the name to continue

"Nepatsfan" <nepatsfan@SBXXXIX.com> wrote in message
> 1. Click Start, and then click Run.
> 2. In the Open box, type control userpasswords2, and then
> click OK.
> 3. Clear the "Users must enter a user name and password to
> use this computer" check box, then click Apply.
> 4. In the Automatically Log On window, type the password in
> the Password box, and then retype the password in the Confirm
> Password box.
> 5. Click OK to close the Automatically Log On window, and
> then click OK to close the User Accounts window.
>

> --
> Nepatsfan
> "Richard" <richx@optonline.net> wrote in message
>>I recently installed a program that required .NET - now I have a
>>login screen - with no login password - I simply have to click
>>on my name and the boot continues. Is there any way to configure
>>the machine to log in automatically (only one acct ever used) -
>>any help is appreciated.

Take a look at this article to make sure you followed the correct
procedure:

http://mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/welskip.php

When you remove the check mark this box will pop up:

http://img35.exs.cx/img35/9223/auto_logon.gif

Make sure you enter your user name (instead of Administrator) and
leave the password boxes blank. Click OK twice and reboot.