Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Remote Desktop Client

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
Share
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 4:59:01 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Why is the Remote Desktop Client (Windows CE.NET) not available for Windows
Mobile 2003-2005?

The Terminal Server Client that comes with Windows Mobile 2003-2005 has a
lot of limitations.

Is there a way to get the Remote Desktop Client working on Windows Mobile
2003-2005?

Thanks,


Maikel
mvr@advantion.nl

More about : remote desktop client

Anonymous
July 15, 2005 10:30:47 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Maikel,

Your post is a little confusing....

Are you having trouble getting Terminal Server Client (Remote Desktop Client
now) to connect to your PC? Or are you wanting an alternative to TSC/RDC?

There are several other RDC-like clients out there for Windows Mobile
devices. I would suggest doing a Google search for them.

Regards,


--
Clinton Fitch
Senior Editor / Owner
Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!
http://www.clintonfitch.com

A Pocket PC Magazine "Best Site" for Pocket PC Reviews!

"M. van Rijn" <mvr@advantion.nl> wrote in message
news:%23aAb4wSiFHA.3336@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Why is the Remote Desktop Client (Windows CE.NET) not available for
> Windows Mobile 2003-2005?
>
> The Terminal Server Client that comes with Windows Mobile 2003-2005 has a
> lot of limitations.
>
> Is there a way to get the Remote Desktop Client working on Windows Mobile
> 2003-2005?
>
> Thanks,
>
>
> Maikel
> mvr@advantion.nl
>
>
July 16, 2005 3:57:28 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

"M. van Rijn" <mvr@advantion.nl> wrote:

>Why is the Remote Desktop Client (Windows CE.NET) not available for Windows
>Mobile 2003-2005?

Yea wonder the same! Asked this several times but I guess only MS
knows... The one for Windows CE.NET is much improved!

/CJ
Related resources
July 16, 2005 12:47:55 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

"Clinton Fitch, Clinton Fitch \(Dot\) Com!"
<management@NOSPAMMINGME.clintonfitch.com> wrote:

>Your post is a little confusing....
>
>Are you having trouble getting Terminal Server Client (Remote Desktop Client
>now) to connect to your PC? Or are you wanting an alternative to TSC/RDC?
>
>There are several other RDC-like clients out there for Windows Mobile
>devices. I would suggest doing a Google search for them.

I think he mean why MS dosen't make available the updated RDC for
WM2003 OS that obviously exists! I have an webpad (SL4, running XScale
CPU) with Windows CE.NET and the included RDC is so much better than
the one we currently have for PPC's. It support 16-bit color and alows
for creating shortcuts directly connecting to other computers just
like the desktop version.

Now since the webpad runs an ARM CPU and Windows CE.NET I think it
would be _VERY_ easy for MS to make this available for PPC2002 and up
if they wanted to, but it seems they don't????

/CJ
Anonymous
July 16, 2005 3:29:48 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

CJ,

Gotcha... thanks for the clarification.

It would be nice to find out why they haven't added this to the platform. I
don't remember seeing this as part of WM5 either.

MVPs? Shed any light here?

Regards,

--
Clinton Fitch
Senior Editor / Owner
Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!
http://www.clintonfitch.com

A Pocket PC Magazine "Best Site" for Pocket PC Reviews!

"CJ" <xyz@eatspam.com> wrote in message
news:42d8c7c1.1389157@news1.telia.com...
> "Clinton Fitch, Clinton Fitch \(Dot\) Com!"
> <management@NOSPAMMINGME.clintonfitch.com> wrote:
>
>>Your post is a little confusing....
>>
>>Are you having trouble getting Terminal Server Client (Remote Desktop
>>Client
>>now) to connect to your PC? Or are you wanting an alternative to TSC/RDC?
>>
>>There are several other RDC-like clients out there for Windows Mobile
>>devices. I would suggest doing a Google search for them.
>
> I think he mean why MS dosen't make available the updated RDC for
> WM2003 OS that obviously exists! I have an webpad (SL4, running XScale
> CPU) with Windows CE.NET and the included RDC is so much better than
> the one we currently have for PPC's. It support 16-bit color and alows
> for creating shortcuts directly connecting to other computers just
> like the desktop version.
>
> Now since the webpad runs an ARM CPU and Windows CE.NET I think it
> would be _VERY_ easy for MS to make this available for PPC2002 and up
> if they wanted to, but it seems they don't????
>
> /CJ
>
July 17, 2005 4:02:35 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

"Clinton Fitch, Clinton Fitch \(Dot\) Com!"
<management@NOSPAMMINGME.clintonfitch.com> wrote:

>It would be nice to find out why they haven't added this to the platform. I
>don't remember seeing this as part of WM5 either.
>
>MVPs? Shed any light here?

Yea, would be nice to hear anything "official" regarding this topic.

/CJ
!