Internet Search

I used to be able to search using Google from the address line in IE by
either typing a ? or selecting the search from the drop down list. Now it
defaults to MSN Search. I was able to change the default for the Search Pane
but can't seem to find how to change the address line. Any help? I'm using
XP SP2.

I finially figured it out.

In IE click search button
Change preferences
Change internet search behavior
Classic internet search
Quit IE
Start IE
Click search button
Customize
Default address bar engine at bottom of customize screen

You can switch back to search companion and default address search will
stay.

"Dennis Marks" <denmarks@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I used to be able to search using Google from the address line in IE by
>either typing a ? or selecting the search from the drop down list. Now it
>defaults to MSN Search. I was able to change the default for the Search
>Pane but can't seem to find how to change the address line. Any help? I'm
>using XP SP2.

"Dennis Marks" <denmarks@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I used to be able to search using Google from the address line in IE by
>either typing a ? or selecting the search from the drop down list. Now it
>defaults to MSN Search. I was able to change the default for the Search Pane
>but can't seem to find how to change the address line. Any help? I'm using
>XP SP2.

Help with the IE is available from
You could also install the Google toolbar if you are using this search
engine frequently.

--
(tm)