Internet Search

I used to be able to search using Google from the address line in IE by
either typing a ? or selecting the search from the drop down list. Now it
defaults to MSN Search. I was able to change the default for the Search Pane
but can't seem to find how to change the address line. Any help? I'm using
XP SP2.
2 answers Last reply
More about internet search

    I finially figured it out.

    In IE click search button
    Change preferences
    Change internet search behavior
    Classic internet search
    Quit IE
    Start IE
    Click search button
    Customize
    Default address bar engine at bottom of customize screen

    You can switch back to search companion and default address search will
    stay.

    "Dennis Marks" <denmarks@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I used to be able to search using Google from the address line in IE by
    >either typing a ? or selecting the search from the drop down list. Now it
    >defaults to MSN Search. I was able to change the default for the Search
    >Pane but can't seem to find how to change the address line. Any help? I'm
    >using XP SP2.

    "Dennis Marks" <denmarks@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >I used to be able to search using Google from the address line in IE by
    >either typing a ? or selecting the search from the drop down list. Now it
    >defaults to MSN Search. I was able to change the default for the Search Pane
    >but can't seem to find how to change the address line. Any help? I'm using
    >XP SP2.

    Help with the IE is available from
    You could also install the Google toolbar if you are using this search
    engine frequently.

    --
    (tm)

Internet Windows XP