Hi does any one out there know why i cant log on to pages i could with 6 but not 7.
AVG is changing to version 7.5 and are stopping support for 7.etc
I cant get on the site keep getting server error,i have even added the site to trusted in security settings and still nothing .
I have followed the microsoft blurb but get no where any help appreciated.

Mactronix

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
its most likely your security settings. dump ie use opera or firefox, opera is better but firefox might be easier for you to move to ;)

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
I read somewhere that some sites are not compatible with IE7. I agree, switch to Firefox or Opera. Personally I like Firefox because it's easy to use and has some nice Add Ons, e.g., NoScript let's you turn on scripting when you need it, ImageZoom let's you easily increase or decrease pictures, and and IE Tab let's you switch to IE when required by a site.

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
Personally I like Firefox because it's easy to use and has some nice Add Ons, e.g., NoScript let's you turn on scripting when you need it, ImageZoom let's you easily increase or decrease pictures, and and IE Tab let's you switch to IE when required by a site.

opera can do all that also, actually before imagezoom came out opera was doing it ;)

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Personally I like Firefox because it's easy to use and has some nice Add Ons, e.g., NoScript let's you turn on scripting when you need it, ImageZoom let's you easily increase or decrease pictures, and and IE Tab let's you switch to IE when required by a site.

opera can do all that also, actually before imagezoom came out opera was doing it ;)

Tried Opera years ago and never got comfortable with it, think it was the ads that came with the free version. I see the difference between the two about the same as whether you'd rather have ketchup or mustard on a burger, a matter of taste

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
actually not at all, with opera you don't need to install bunch of plugins or extensions it already comes with all you need and then more plus ff uses lots more cpu then opera does.

those days were ff was the best is over, but it is still being pushed, my forum is filled with ex firefox users that that tried opera for 3 weeks and have not gone back.

not to mention that opera is more secure at this time then ff.

ok I don't want to turn this into opera vs ff.

at the end what ever you like is what you should use ;)

Thanks to all for all the help and advice i got mozilla its not bad got a few good little add ons went to a third party download site someone recomended in the end as still couldnt access in f/fox

Cheers again
Mactronix

I would strongly suggest that you check your Hosts file. A virus or spyware could have modified it to block access to anti-virus websites. Try going to a few different sites (pandasoftware.com, symantec.com, etc) to see if those sites come up for you. If they don't, then you're definately infected with something.

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Thanks to all for all the help and advice i got mozilla its not bad got a few good little add ons went to a third party download site someone recomended in the end as still couldnt access in f/fox

Cheers again
Mactronix

I just accessed it at this address using Firefox

http://free.grisoft.com/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5

If you're using the Noscript add on, be sure to allow scripts at the Grisosft sit. Under content be sure to allow Javascript and Java.

t53186

Distinguished
Hi does any one out there know why i cant log on to pages i could with 6 but not 7.
AVG is changing to version 7.5 and are stopping support for 7.etc
I cant get on the site keep getting server error,i have even added the site to trusted in security settings and still nothing .
I have followed the microsoft blurb but get no where any help appreciated.

Mactronix

I can get to AVG and download anything I want, but if I attempt to purchase using VISA I cannot get to the verfied by VISA popup that prompts for my password. I also tried to connect directly to the Verified by VISA site to add another VISA card to my verfied list and have been unabled to do so. Still trying to figure this out, even after changed security settings in IE and Zone Alarm, along with clearing certificate cache.

Sent an email to Grisoft-waiting for response.