Best DVD player Software for 8800 GTS

CaPtAiN_InSaNo

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2004
Anyone know any good DVD player software that would work well with my 8800 GTS? I just got my Samsun 941bw WXGA wide screen, so i started watching movies on it, right now i'm just using cyberlink powerdvd that came with my LG dvd burner.

fourtu

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2007
WMP 11 with the Nvidia Pure Video decoder is very good and may not cost you any money. I'm assuming that your 8800 comes with the Pure Video encoder on it. I purchased my Pure Video decoder before they coupled them with the video cards, but I watch recorded HD video and regular DVD at 1080p resolutions with good results. At this resolution, you will become accutely aware of good and poor DVD mastering/production. The Nvidia sweet will allow you to use a custom resolution and timing setup and also does inverse teceline video conversion which aids in reconstructing non-HD programming as HD quality.

stefx

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2006
I have the Nvidia control panel ver 1.4.1.11 and it doesn't allow to create custom resolutions... how do you do it?

fourtu

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2007
Make sure you are using the "Advanced" view and not the "Standard". I am using 1.2.1.36 and I can change the core and memory settings. I cannot control the fan, but that's not as important.

I had to make registry changes as well. I found some documentation on how to unlock the control panels overclocking settings. Google it. In the meantime, if I can find the link I'll put it out here.

Good Luck.