Sign in with
Your question

One hard disk with one partition with XP installed ..split??

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
January 5, 2007 1:54:54 PM

my main hard disk that contains my OS has a decent amount of free space on it. I would like to partition it to add vista on a seperate partition but i'm not in the mood to reinstall windows or lose any data.

is there a good program out there to do this for me?

and no, copying my os to a sep hd, partitioning my original, then copying back to a partition...is NOT an option. I want a program to partition my free space for me.
January 5, 2007 6:17:24 PM

acronis disk director suite or partition magic or any app like that will do it for you.

acronis will not only offer disk management but also will help with dual boot ;) 
January 5, 2007 8:10:42 PM

I've used Partition Magic for years and never had a problem. Also has an additional program that let's you choose which OS to use at start up, forget what it's called because I haven't used it in years.
Related resources
January 6, 2007 8:11:42 AM

Quote:
acronis disk director suite or partition magic or any app like that will do it for you.

acronis will not only offer disk management but also will help with dual boot ;) 

cool thats exactly what i needed, thx
Anonymous
January 6, 2007 10:43:36 AM

You could also try GParted. http://gparted.sourceforge.net/ Just remember there is always the risk of loosing everything so backup first.

Grumpy
!